The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-23-2023, 05:46 PM

Default Alhambra 9P CW E8 - any owners here?

Hey gang!

My search for the holy grail nylon string crossover continues, and that has led me to this Alhambra. Very few online reviews, and what I've been able to find is ruined by really poor-sounding sound samples. High praise for the guitar from the reviewer, but what good does that do when the samples sound terrible?

This particular model meets all my requirements in terms of neck width, all solid construction etc. so it really is high on my list.

Any user experiences are welcome.

https://www.alhambraguitarras.com/en...concert/9-p-cw

Martin OM-28V
Yamaha FSX3
Godin Arena Pro CW Bourbon Burst
Manuel Rodriguez Magistral D-C
EBS Stanley Clarke Sig. Acoustic Pre
Alto TX210 powered speaker
Old 03-05-2023, 10:30 PM

I purchased one of these and quickly sent it back. Quite a few dead notes throughout the fingerboard and the intonation was not the best.

I now have a Cordoba Pro Negra which is IMHO is an incredible instrument for the price.

The best crossover I've ever played was a Beauregard nylon jazz, but that guitar is close to 10k so it depends on your budget.

Best of luck with your search.
Old 03-07-2023, 06:37 AM

That is useful input, thanks.

Interesting and a bit disappointing to hear about your experience, I would expect more at this price point.

I had a Cordoba GK Pro Negra myself actually, and while it was a lovely instrument something about the geometry didn't quite work for me so I ended up selling it.

Thanks.

Martin OM-28V
Yamaha FSX3
Godin Arena Pro CW Bourbon Burst
Manuel Rodriguez Magistral D-C
EBS Stanley Clarke Sig. Acoustic Pre
Alto TX210 powered speaker

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical