The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-07-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
There are also sellers of the internal system that requires installation on whatever guitar you use.

Who? My Google search turned up nothing. I would actually be very interested in trying out a system like that on one of my CF guitars.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtwguitar View Post
Who? My Google search turned up nothing. I would actually be very interested in trying out a system like that on one of my CF guitars.

Thanks!
That was many weeks ago and I saved none of my results. I'm not intending to pursue it again as I came up with my preferred solution.

My first search came up with multiple pages of the basic parts --the exciters-- on sites like AliBaba, ebay and such, but none were ready to install, just parts, and the system needs to be complete and know how is needed. Far beyond me in anyway to start to do anything with pieces.

So my search started the same as yours, with little to show. But in one or more of the posts in this thread (I believe), someone gave some clues or names of a system they knew about. Using key words from that, I searched, read pages related, and cross searched until Ifound a large number of ready made, complete systems available for guitars. Different makers but basically all seemed to make the same type of installation rig with only small differences.

But looking at what you'd get in the package from their photos, I knew I would need someone else to do the install for me. More complex than I wanted to deal with and then the purchased system is limited one guitar only.

I don't recall the prices anymore, but I remember comparing them to the Tonewood amp and felt that it would be the best for me. A single install was cheaper for one guitar, but to buy more than one for multiple guitars made the Tonewood price more attractive.

Tonewood can be used on anything instantly. So if I persuaded myself to get used to having a box on the back of the instrument--Tonewood was the way to go. I did that and decided to purchase the Tonewood the moment the price dropped a bit at Sweetwater. Purchased.

As to finding the install systems I found before, I'd suggest reading the posts again for people commenting on these systems and using that to begin your search like I did.

I'm pretty sure my info came from posts in this thread--but there is slight possibility it came from my reading a number of threads written on the Tonewood. People now and then commented and compared these systems in those threads, I think. I don't recall perfectly right now.

I do remember some post commenting that they liked the sound coming from the Tonewood slightly better--BUT--for them--they liked having it all cleanly installed in the guitar and hidden. So they went with one of the install setups.

Good luck.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:03 AM

Here you go. Stumbled on this in my files just now. I think this is where I began to search from and found there were several alternatives being made.

Don't recall exactly how my search rabbit trail went, I just pursue till I'm satisfied and then forget how I got there, but from this page you should be able to find more info and even other suppliers eventually.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=559033
Old 11-15-2019, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

At first I was put off by the modern look of this guitar as I had no use for it but now I'm looking for a small-ish guitar to keep at work for those long, slow nights and this one is intriguing. Having had a Tonewood at one time I did like having the onboard effects for something like this. It's not a inexpensive guitar at nearly $700 but the other guitars I'm considering are already in this price range. Amazon has them so I suppose I could try one out and see if it fits the bill for work.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido Eduwardo View Post
Very nice concept. However if the user does not have access to the battery it's a bad concept. It's foolish to spend $700 for a guitar that will become as useless as a paper weight when (not if) the battery dies (they all do).
Omg, so true..Could not agree more...We are, however, in the age of viewing everything as being disposable.

People buy 1500 dollar phones all the time and accept that they go in the bin. The manufacturer is probably taking this view?

Having this sort of thought process applied to guitars almost seems sacrilege...
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 11-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Guest 928

Has anyone actually contacted the company and asked how to change the battery? It's really hard to believe that someone would engineer a product with a non-changeable battery.

I haven't looked at Amazon for this item, but if there are reviews and questions and there may an answer somewhere in all that.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Guest 928

And so, I went to Amazon. There is some discussion of the electronics ,but I didn't see anything about changing batteries. The reviews are basically positive.

The neat thing is that Amazon has a great return policy. This would be a great no-risk opportunity to check it out.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:12 PM
Charter Member

I doubt they are the same. but the Yamaha trans-acoustic has the batteries behind a cover by the strap pin on the bottom of the bout. For what that's worth.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:42 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

If this was one of the car forums that I frequent, there would already be detailed tear-down instructions with pictures and someone on the forum would be selling replacement batteries complete with tools. I think we are lagging.

It actually is a really good little guitar and I'm not just saying that. Don't they sell a version without electronics too?

JR
Old 11-18-2019, 02:26 PM

At around the 9 minute mark, she says that there's a USB jack for charging.
Fender Ukelele

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7aq_u2nyCgtIPffgyWob1A
Old 11-18-2019, 03:03 PM

The issue is changing the batteries, not charging the batteries. Even the best rechargeable batteries won’t last passed 5 years. I wouldn’t buy a guitar that only has a five year useful life.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber