The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-18-2018, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Right, thanks Larry appreciate you taking the time to explain, that's just what I needed to know. So basically If I am intending to use the looper at gigs, then it sounds like having the external switch *would* make life easier.

I am pretty much a newbie with loopers and I *am* finding it fiddly using two taps to stop the loop, hold for 2 secs to clear etc whilst trying to play. If I used this live and messed up it would be really messy to try and fix things to start again.
Hi JbG

When I use loopers, it's kind of living on the edge, and I developed a strategy to circle one more time as needed. But simplifying life is better when you have easy to reach switches on the floor which cannot be mixed up with other switches.

The Boss AD-10 has a lot of foot switches, and running a separate looper switch would probably make life easier when going public with loops.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 09-29-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
I set my FS6 just like my Ditto X2. Left is Record/Play and the right is Stop/Erase.
Ok so I bought an FS-6 and I am trying to assign the A and B switches to control the looper this way, but for some reason it isn't working, I must be missing something obvious.

FS-6 is connected to the AD10 with both A and B switches set to latch and polarity as per the AD10 manual (switched to the left for both). Fresh battery, power light on.

Having followed the AD10 manual to assign and save the settings for both switches, if I now check this: press Exit + Boost, IF (switch A, I understand) is assigned the parameter LP, and 2F (switch B, I understand) is assigned the parameter LS. That should deliver the setup you describe above. Those settings are still there if I switch the AD10 off and on and unplug the FS-6, so they must be saved OK.

So I turn the AD10 looper function on, start strumming and hit the FS-6 A switch to start recording my loop (it lights up when clicked) then I hit the switch again to stop recording my loop (light goes out) and I should hear the loop played back but I am getting nothing.

The looper is working fine if I control it with the AD10 Tuner/mute switch in the usual way.

Any ideas what I am missing here?
Old 09-30-2018, 03:15 AM

Update: Ok looks like it was the darn connecting cable! Have tested with a high quality cable and it seems to work

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 09-30-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:38 AM

The key reason to have a volume control on the pedal is that loops that just "stop" are jarring to the listener. Fading out a loop lets you pick up the song again or end it without this happening.

Personally, I would not use a looper without a volume pedal to control the loop volume and permit fade outs. I know people who do but they are expert at it.
I lay down some chord changes and solo over them, ending this kind of thing without a fade out its horrid for the audience. Its like braking a sports car when its doing 90 mph....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification