The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-13-2018, 12:27 PM

Default Joining two Marshall acoustic amps for guitar and vocals

I have a Marshall AS100D and it’s little brother, an AS50D.

Can I run two acoustic guitars and a vocal mic through the 100 and the 50 at the same time?

How do I best do that? Happy to look at acquiring more gear to accomplish. Perhaps a mixer is the answer?

Depending on what’s happening, I want to use the 50 either as a monitor or as an extra speaker if necessary.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:23 AM

A mixer would be a simple and handy way I would think.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-14-2018, 07:04 AM

Each amp has a line out socket on the back, just connect it to an input on the other amp with a guitar lead and you're done.

The line out comes before the master volume control in the signal chain, so changing the volume control on the 'master' amp will not affect the 'slave'. Which is good if you want to balance the sound between the two, but less good if you want silence - you'd need to turn both down.

If you want more control then, as kramster says, a small mixer will be ideal. Set all the pan controls to the middle, so you get an equal split to left and right, and send left to one amp and right to the other.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
Each amp has a line out socket on the back, just connect it to an input on the other amp with a guitar lead and you're done.

The line out comes before the master volume control in the signal chain, so changing the volume control on the 'master' amp will not affect the 'slave'. Which is good if you want to balance the sound between the two, but less good if you want silence - you'd need to turn both down.

If you want more control then, as kramster says, a small mixer will be ideal. Set all the pan controls to the middle, so you get an equal split to left and right, and send left to one amp and right to the other.
You are absolutely right (I tried it). Works perfectly and does the job!

Thank you so much.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification