The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-08-2022, 05:12 PM
Guest 33123

Default pedalboard build - Update in post #14

Started with a 32x16 Stagemaster pedalboard case with lid. Cut, drilled, sanded and painted some 3/8" Baltic birch plywood to fit. Attached board to case and pedals to board with 3M Dual Lock. Pretty happy with it (though it took three tries to get it right...)

Last edited by Guest 33123; 05-06-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 05:41 AM

Doug, great looking board! I too am using a 1-spot for my board although I have mine underneath.

So clean and tidy. Fluff (Ryan) from Riffs, Beards, and Gear would give you a perfect 5 stars on his Rate Your Rig show.

How's the Archer? Is it a Klon clone?
Old 04-09-2022, 08:00 AM
Guest 33123

Thanks Dru! The Archer Ikon is a Klone. It's pretty spectacular. I'm running it pretty gainy and it kicks my Marshall into high gear with delicious grind and compression. It's my favorite of the 3 ODs.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Great looking board --Like the Barefoots as well, I used them also before I went to a Gig Rig switching unit.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 04-09-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Great looking board --Like the Barefoots as well, I used them also before I went to a Gig Rig switching unit.
What are the Barefoot buttons for? Is it just to give you a bigger spot to step on?
Old 04-09-2022, 10:55 AM
Guest 33123

Thanks Kev!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
What are the Barefoot buttons for? Is it just to give you a bigger spot to step on?
Yes I use them to help improve my aim. I find a 3/8" button a bit challenging to hit.
Old 04-09-2022, 11:48 AM

Nice looking board, the clean wiring looks great!
Old 04-09-2022, 01:35 PM
Guest 33123

Thanks rockabilly!
Old 04-09-2022, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Thanks Kev!

Yes I use them to help improve my aim. I find a 3/8" button a bit challenging to hit.
I use them on about half my pedals. Check the fit from time to time, they DO work loose with use.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:20 AM

Very nice. I like how the input is on the right and output is on the left. Mine is setup that way too. Rounding the corner back to the right to pick up the last few pedals was my worst part. I like the way yours turned out. And those MXR pedals are fantastic! Especially the digital reverb.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes and there several brands but the Barefoot brand actually developed them because he literally like to play barefoot.

Since getting the Gig Rig switcher , the only pedal I use them on (alternate brand off Amazon) is the Supro Amp --Reverb/Tremelo switch (upper left ) All the rest are run through the switcher (Except the Aeros looper) the loop pedal has factory optical (Barefoot like) larger switch buttons

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 04-10-2022 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:48 AM

Doug, do any of your pedals go in the amp's effects loop? Thinking about your last three pedals (reverb, chorus, delay). But I think I see the cable going from the Electric Mistress to the Chorus.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:14 AM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleolith54 View Post
I use them on about half my pedals. Check the fit from time to time, they DO work loose with use.
Yes this is my experience too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Very nice. I like how the input is on the right and output is on the left. Mine is setup that way too. Rounding the corner back to the right to pick up the last few pedals was my worst part. I like the way yours turned out. And those MXR pedals are fantastic! Especially the digital reverb.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Yes and there several brands but the Barefoot brand actually developed them because he literally like to play barefoot.

Since getting the Gig Rig switcher , the only pedal I use them on (alternate brand off Amazon) is the Supro Amp --Reverb/Tremelo switch (upper left ) All the rest are run through the switcher (Except the Aeros looper) the loop pedal has factory optical (Barefoot like) larger switch buttons

Nice board!

Quote:
Doug, do any of your pedals go in the amp's effects loop? Thinking about your last three pedals (reverb, chorus, delay). But I think I see the cable going from the Electric Mistress to the Chorus.
Nothing in the effects loop, just a 24" cable running from the EM to the chorus.

Signal chain:

Guitar > Strobostomp > Dyna Comp > JHS Haunting Mids > Wah > JHS Morning Glory > Rockett Archer Ikon > Maxon OD808 > MXR UniVibe > EHX Electric Mistress > MXR Chorus > MXR Delay > MXR Reverb > Amp
Old 05-06-2022, 11:08 AM
Guest 33123

Update: shoehorned in a Xotic Super Sweet Booster.

Signal chain now:

Guitar > Strobostomp > Xotic Super Sweet > Dyna Comp > JHS Haunting Mids > Wah > JHS Morning Glory > Rockett Archer Ikon > Maxon OD808 > MXR UniVibe > EHX Electric Mistress > MXR Chorus > MXR Delay > MXR Reverb > Amp

Last edited by Guest 33123; 05-06-2022 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:16 PM

Cool! How do you use the Xotic booster, i.e. rhythm or solos? Still a clean looking board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Update: shoehorned in a Xotic Super Sweet Booster.

Signal chain now:

Guitar > Strobostomp > Xotic Super Sweet > Dyna Comp > JHS Haunting Mids > Wah > JHS Morning Glory > Rockett Archer Ikon > Maxon OD808 > MXR UniVibe > EHX Electric Mistress > MXR Chorus > MXR Delay > MXR Reverb > Amp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars