The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-26-2022, 11:25 PM

Archman,
I assume the guitar strings do get the ground via one of those 4 bushings... If not, the source of the ground becomes a big mystery for me. I am an electrical nerd, so finding and confirming the source of that ground does interest me a lot.

I can confirm my E335 is grounded = strings compared to the output jack. The next time I remove the strings, I will also remove the bridge and tail piece & the studs (but not the bushings) and then test with a Meter to confirm the source of the ground location = how the strings are grounded.

Your 4 bushings were too loose or sloppy huh? I do not remember having too much slop in the bushings-to-guitar-body fitment, but I do remember adding some plumber's Teflon tape onto the threads of the 4 studs to lessen the slop within the studs mating inside the bushings. At that moment, when I was adding the tape, I did not consider I might be stopping or preventing the strings ground signal. I look forward to finding-out the answer to your question.

Different Subject:
I updated my E335 review at Amazon with the paragraph below. This update ties into some of my prior comments within this thread... about the PUP's manufacture date, -the stickers located on the back of the PUP's.

Amazon Product Review UPDATE 3-25-2022: I mentioned in my review, the pickup "stickers" stated or indicated the pickups were manufactured on 6-25-2013; this sticker is not telling the truth. EART replicated/copied some original Gibson PUP stickers from Gibson guitars (from the 2012-2014 time-frame) and then placed these new Gibson-fake stickers onto their 2021 E335 pickups. This is very unfortunate and it is very sad. Making an Asian copy of any Gibson or Fender model is mostly-fully accepted inside the world of guitar players and guitar enthusiast. EART has crossed a moral line with these fake pickup stickers. EART is manufacturing fake Gibson stickers for use on the back of these pickups. This is very upsetting to me. The EART PUP sticker makes these PUPs "easily pass" as an official Gibson part = not morally correct. The EART E335 is truly a great playing guitar, minus the "cheating the industry" with their fake Gibson PUP stickers. I hope EART stops this immoral practice in their future models.

Last edited by Marde; 05-03-2022 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marde View Post
...I updated my E335 review at Amazon with the paragraph below. This update ties into some of my prior comments within this thread... about the PUP's manufacture date, -the stickers located on the back of the PUP's.

Amazon Product Review UPDATE 3-25-2022: I mentioned in my review, the pickup "stickers" stated or indicated the pickups were manufactured on 6-25-2013; this sticker is not telling the truth. EART replicated/copied some original Gibson PUP stickers from Gibson guitars (from the 2012-2014 time-frame) and then placed these new Gibson-fake stickers onto their 2021 E335 pickups. This is very unfortunate and it is very sad. Making an Asian copy of any Gibson or Fender model is mostly-fully accepted inside the world of guitar players and guitar enthusiast. EART has crossed a moral line with these fake pickup stickers. EART is manufacturing fake Gibson stickers for use on the back of these pickups. This is very upsetting to me. The EART PUP sticker makes these PUPs "easily pass" as an official Gibson part = not morally correct. The EART E335 is truly a great playing guitar, minus the "cheating the industry" with their fake Gibson PUP stickers. I hope EART stops this immoral practice in their future models.
You might find this of interest:

https://www.electrikjam.com/what-are-chibson-guitars/
Old 05-09-2022, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Thanks Steve. The link was a good read.

I largely support the prejudice against Chibson types. The linked article was on full-blast against Chibson, -with almost too much bias.

The counter-point is, some of these manufactures & models are challenging or defeating the poor quality Chibson stereotype. Despite my experience with the EART E335, I must say it truly deserves the praise and the good reviews it has gotten; and primarily based on the price at $400.

The "more expensive" types of Chibson's are likely to continue gaining respect here, and within other countries too, despite the hatred many people likely have for the Chinese government... and their ability to disregard the IP of most other manufacturers.

I really missed my old (335-type) Ibanez GB10, but did not have the money to replace it with the same, or Gibson, or an Epiphone version. If I had extra money, I would have not bought the EART. Money-Poor people like me are caving into the quality and/or price of a Chibson.

Inside & Outside of the guitar world, Price versus Quality is always driving the purchase decision of people. It hurts us (USA) emotionally when we see this happing inside our world of PLEASE NOT MADE IN CHINA? -guitar loving people.

Last edited by Marde; 05-09-2022 at 11:10 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars