The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 AM

Thumbs up WTB: Guild GAD solid rosewood with electrics

Hi all,

I've traded in my reliable Walden and I'm looking for something a little nicer that will age well. I'm interested in Guild GAD small/concert/orchestra bodies with solid tops, back and sides, preferably Rosewood / spruce or similar. Tonally I like sustain but prefer warm rather than brassy. And I'd like something with a pickup.

Not interested in dreads, jumbos or cutaways. Budget isn't huge (hence GAD) but I'm not interested in a showroom piece with bling, just something that sounds good, looks good and will age well.

Also I live in Australia so folks would need to be willing to deal with international freight etc,

cheers from Tasmania
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 PM

Smile

Hi There,
I have a Beautiful 2007 GAD 30RE in minty condition with OHSC. This one is one of early GAD's with Ebony Bridge and fretboard, and she has Rosewood back and sides. Absolutely perfect. Purchased from Haywoods Music, from his personally selected stash.
I live outside of Sydney, and whilst I'm not very active on this forum, I have thousands of post and quite a few purchases on the "Lets Talk Guild" site under the same name of "SouthernGuild" If you're thinking of getting a Guild, This is a great bunch of folks to join with at some point.
This GAD led me to purchase an American made Guild F30, ( A GSR bearclaw, Top shelf F30) With Rosewood Back and sides soon after, so This guitar isnt getting the play time she deserves. She really is a beauty!
We may be able to work something out
Old 03-16-2013, 07:57 PM

Hi,

That sounds pretty sweet and what I've been after. Just wondering, were you not quite getting the tone you were after with the GAD or was it just more trying to get to get something more top notch with the f40? Keen to discuss how much you might be after maybe PM?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:14 PM

I sent you a pm about mine.
2013 Drew Sebastian Mahogany Telecaster
1978 Gibson ES 335
2012 Gibson Grace Potter Flying V
2009 Fender Telecaster MiM
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 AM

Freight/duty-from-America-to-Australia-sure-is-expensive bump

Still no results here …*Any Australians with similar guilds they're wishing to sell? Doesn't have to be rosewood but prefer solid mahogany/rosewood, pickup, and orchestra style bodies with no cutaways.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Hope you don't mind my jumping in . I just received my first GAD F40P ,Love it. Early GAD's with the ebony FB & BR ,wood binding are sleeping gem's. I feel like selling all my $$$$$ guitars and stocking up on the early models. Big bold warm round brilliant tone .
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM

Thanks, yep I've looked at the GAD 40 and its a great guitar; kinda what I'm after really. For some reason they don't seem to turn up in Aus. Maybe guild only imports a few select models over here. Seem to be a few 30s and 50s dreads.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 AM

Although I'm not so keen on the 12 fret, I'd be after a 14.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
guild, rosewood, tasmania, warm, wtb