The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 09-17-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehound View Post
I'm not concerned if it's a finish crack, but if it's an actual 'real' crack I would want to take it to my luthier to have it repaired. He's about 45 min each way from me though, so I don't want to run it up there to have him take a look if the consensus here supports my believe that it is merely a finish crack.
In your opening paragraph, you wanted to know if its a real one or not, if its a real one you would get your luthier to fix it. You now know its a crack and structural, take it to your luhtier, that is your best option

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE
Old 09-17-2021, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwa View Post
In your opening paragraph, you wanted to know if its a real one or not, if its a real one you would get your luthier to fix it. You now know its a crack and structural, take it to your luhtier, that is your best option

Steve
Yep. Taking it up there Wednesday.
| 1968 Martin D-28 | 1949 Gibson J-45 | 1955 Gibson LG-2 | Santa Cruz 000 Cocobolo / Italian Spruce | Martin D-18 1939 Authentic Aged | Martin Gruhn Guitars Custom D-21 Adi/Madi | Gibson J-45 | Fender American Elite Telecaster | Fender American Standard Stratocaster | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson Les Paul Studio | PRS Custom 24 10-Top | Gibson Les Paul 1960 Reissue (R0) |
Old 09-18-2021, 02:06 PM

Keep us informed. I’m sure it is indeed fixable, but I wonder how much it will cost. And then, still there is the drop in value to be accounted for. Don't forget this part of the problem when you'll be talking with the seller. I surely would expect a significant discount as the resale value is affected.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair