The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-09-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi_55 View Post
Personal attacks? Agressive??? Let me say that the condescending overtones were plentifiul in some of your posts. But let's move on.

Here's my only problem with issues people have surrounding Bose. If someone comes in and says that they don't like the quality of sound, or the technology itself, that's cool.. But too often that not, there are references to the slick "Bose Marketing" and the "lack of published specs". That's a huge red flag that there is bias towards the company itself. At that point, the most articulate argument falls flat on its face.

Just my opinion.
My apologies for causing you to feel I was being condescending. It was not my intent, but I easily see how it was taken that way. I really am sorry, and I don't want to go around making enemies on this board. it's a great place to discuss, and i generally do a better job at watching the way I word/express things. I will make sure to do a better job of that, especially in such hot-topic posts as this. Thank you for being understanding in this regard, and I'm sorry I was not more clear/careful with my word choice.

To the topic of your post there, i thought I prefaced everything I said with the fact that I've heard it a few times and wasn't impressed? The rest of the "marketing" and "specs" talk was additional reasoning I wasn't inclined to look upon the unit so favorably, but I'm not going to lie and say sound isn't the most important aspect. My other qualm I mentioned was price for quality, which I referenced to other experiences with Bose products. We're allowed to have differing opinions, and that doesn't make either more or less valid.

Cakes,

Thank you for pointing out that glaring aspect of my previous post that has caused a lot of these issues. I didn't choose my words carefully, or truly convey what I was actually trying to say. I just wanted to promote thought about the nature of the ToneMatch vs. a POD or other digital device. I didn't mean to word that so condescendingly, but I wanted to make an analogy that made sense in my head. It would be like an electric "tone junky" and his thoughts about a POD vs. his Bruno and an audio junky and his thoughts of his component system vs. the Bose L1. That was the comparison I was trying to make, and would many argue that the POD would beat out the tube amp? That was my point there. I hope that makes more sense, and I was simply trying to present it as my logic, not the way everyone should think...

Herb,

I would hardly say I'm absurdly biased regarding the Bose. Maybe I'm not inclined to jump on the bandwagon, and maybe I'm being a bit too judgmental of it based on my experiences, but "absurdly biased" isn't the right way to put it, I promise. As I've tried to mention several times, these are my opinions based on the sounds I've actually heard coming out with my own two ears. As stated before, given the opportunity to hear one of these units in an environment and situation where they produced the wonderful, filling sound you're talking about, I will gladly shift my opinion. I'll take it from all of the postings here that apparently it is possible to get good tone out of the Bose. I just haven't heard it yet, as mentioned before. Hopefully I will some time soon.

So, I really blew this topic. I'm sorry to everyone I offended or was condescending towards. I hope you guys can accept my heartfelt apologies, and thanks again for being patient and understanding.

Sorry, guys...
Old 05-10-2008, 02:28 AM

[QUOTE=zb0430;1475415]My apologies for causing you to feel I was being condescending. It was not my intent, but I easily see how it was taken that way. (snip) QUOTE]

Really...no apologies necessary! I never saw it as anything more than lively debate. Bose L1 discussions can stir up controversy quicker than "Martin Vs. Taylor" threads...
Old 05-10-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb0430 View Post
Herb,

I would hardly say I'm absurdly biased regarding the Bose. Maybe I'm not inclined to jump on the bandwagon, and maybe I'm being a bit too judgmental of it based on my experiences, but "absurdly biased" isn't the right way to put it, I promise. ...
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. My post was in response to one made by lodi_55 and had to do with distinguishing objections due to personal preference versus those due to prejudice. I appreciate your followup regarding your position.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:46 AM

yeah i read on it from different users and they are impressed with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compurocker View Post
Has anyone heard or own this system? It is amazing? How is it with Guitar and vocals together? My guess is incredible! On the Musicians part of their website the set it up in under 10 seconds! http://www.bose.com/controller?event...&src=MUSICIANS I imagine it is quite expensive.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM

I hesitate to post on such a long and contentious thread (and old -- but I'm seeing it for the first time)....but as someone with direct experience with Bose (L1 Model 2 with T1) I should add my experience to the mix.

For those who are critical of the Bose sound: I respectfully beg to differ.

I too, like many on this thread, have had the experience of other musicians coming up to me after a show and offering unsolicited compliments on the sound. Some of them I know to be working, performing players who like me are exposed to lots of PAs including house systems. That is just objective confirmation of what I hear with my own ears, which is what first compelled my interest in the L1 and continues to make me bring it even to some venues that have a house PA or where my Schertler acoustic amp would suffice.

Is there is a level of superior audiophile sound beyond Bose? Do I get enough audiophiles in my audience for it to matter? I do get musicians though, and I do have to listen to myself play at every show (link back to above para).

R.Taylor Style 1 Cocobolo/Engelmann; Martin: OM-28M Rosanne Cash (Adi/Madrose); Custom Shop OMC-21 Juber (Gautemalen/Moon Spruce); CS 000-28 (Italian Alpine/Madrose); Santa Cruz OM Custom (Brazilian/German Spruce); Kevin Ryan Mission GC Brazilian/European Spruce

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification