The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-25-2020, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Default Vintage 1966 Martin 000-28 acoustic guitar - Brazilian Rosewood Goodness!

Hello! Im relisting this for a few days. I had it up a while back and have been on the edge of selling it or not but I need to recoup some funds due to some house repairs.

Up for sale is a 1966 Martin 000-28 acoustic guitar. This is the same model and year of Eric Clapton's iconic guitar. It sounds unbelievable and the Brazilian Rosewood back is UNBELIEVABLE!

All is original except for a new compensated bone saddle and nut, a Stew Mac NoJack endpin installed (the endpin was drilled out and previously sported a 1/4" jack and electronics that was taken out), metal bridge pins, and a tortoise shell pin was installed at the neck heel.

Three cracks on the spruce top are repaired and stable (see pics). The sides and back have no cracks.

The guitar plays great. The action is exactly what Martin recommends at the 12th fret but the saddle can be lowered a little to get to your specifications.

It comes with a Martin 1960s-70s hard case that has a crack in the plastic but functions as it should for shipping and if you want to transport it to venues.

All in all this is a great guitar with a great sound. I love it but need to recoup some funds due to house repairs. However I might be interested in a Gibson Banner j45 / lg2 trade or Martin D-28 D-35..

Thanks and I will ship only to the lower 48 states and will accept no returns. Thanks again!

$6295 paypalled/shipped when going through here. Pics can be found here:
https://reverb.com/item/31688483-vin...ewood-goodness
Old 01-26-2020, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Wow! Bet that sounds good!

Chris Stern

37 guitars (no wife!)

Bown 8/Wingert 2/Kinscherff 4/ Wren 1/Sobell 2/Olson 2/Ryan 1/Fay 1/Froggy 3/Franklin 1/Collings 3/ Martin 5/ Northworthy 1/Pre-War Guitar Co 1/Taylor 1/PRS 1/ Höfner Violin Bass (1963) 1

9 Banjos
3 Mandolins
2 Dulcimers
Walkabout Dulcimer
Mandocello
Cittern
Electric Uke

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old Today, 05:30 AM
Charter Member

Bump again.