The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-24-2020, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

Arrow *No Longer for Sale* 2018 Martin D28 1937 Authentic Aged.

OFF THE MARKET FOR NOW.

**NO TRADES ** Located near Cincinnati Ohio

2018 Martin D-28 1937 Authentic Aged with OHSC. I would consider it excellent or near-mint relic condition. Obviously it has factory checking, scuffs, scrapes, scratches and minor dents as part of the aging process, but beyond that, it's lived it's life in the case and has been very lightly played. No fret wear. It's currently strung with Martin Authentic Lights, but I did not have a setup done, so it can be switched right back to mediums if desired. I didn't notice any change in tone or substantial change in volume, so I was very happy with easier playing and finger comfort!

It was an EXTREMELY tough decision to list this guitar (and I may still get cold feet), but I'm simply having trouble adjusting to the large neck and wider string spacing (especially at the bridge). Trying to do a general downsizing anyway, so moving it on seems to make sense.

Asking K$EPING IT PayPal'd and shipped. No sales tax (that seems to be a huge benefit these days!). I think a new one from one of our discount dealers would be $6,000+, so this one saves you a few hundred anyway.

Smoke-free, Pet-free home. No odors of any kind in the guitar or in the case. Still has that luscious "new Martin" smell! Shipping to ConUS lower 48 only to US based buyers.

Last edited by mattcran; 01-26-2020 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

You’re killing me, man. Someone please snag this up. Great deal on a phenomenal guitar (I had one last year I foolishly let go). Matt is a great guy to deal with as well.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

This is killing me too. I'd love to have one of these! I just bought a guitar that's in route though. One day I will have one. I was wondering about that new martin smell, I didn't know if the aging also aged the smell as well. GLWS!
Old 01-25-2020, 07:49 PM

I have one of these guitars and it by far the best dreadnought I have ever owned. I took it to Gruhn's in Nashville and sat down with a real 1937 D28 and did a blind fold test. Could not tell the difference at all! I say keep it man...
Old 01-26-2020, 11:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscaggs View Post
I have one of these guitars and it by far the best dreadnought I have ever owned. I took it to Gruhn's in Nashville and sat down with a real 1937 D28 and did a blind fold test. Could not tell the difference at all! I say keep it man...
I came to my senses... temporary insanity this weekend?? Not sure. I think I was hung up on keeping two Martin Rosewood Dreads after I couldn't part with my HD28 either. Probably a silly thought. Kinda' like telling a Les Paul guy that two (or 6) R9's is too many. Anyway... hanging onto her for the time being. I appreciate all the interest and will reach back out to those who messaged me if I change my mind. I must say that I was kinda' impressed with 'mscaggs' for coming out of hibernation and using his 3rd post in 8 years to suggest I keep it, lol. Thanks, buddy!
Old 01-26-2020, 02:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcran View Post
I came to my senses... temporary insanity this weekend?? Not sure. I think I was hung up on keeping two Martin Rosewood Dreads after I couldn't part with my HD28 either. Probably a silly thought. Kinda' like telling a Les Paul guy that two (or 6) R9's is too many. Anyway... hanging onto her for the time being. I appreciate all the interest and will reach back out to those who messaged me if I change my mind. I must say that I was kinda' impressed with 'mscaggs' for coming out of hibernation and using his 3rd post in 8 years to suggest I keep it, lol. Thanks, buddy!

By the looks of that one, I think you made the right decision.
K&K Pickups / ToneDexter / JBL & Bose Amplification
"Lift your head and smile at trouble. You'll find happiness someday."
Less clicking, more picking.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

That is a great looking example.
I have my rosewood dreadnought base covered, but I still could not help checking this D-28 out over the last week. I should be downsizing now, but this guitar had me tempted !
Old 01-26-2020, 09:39 PM
Charter Member

Good choice. You can always re-list it but if you sold it’s gone for good
I had my Furch D-25 up for sale but after the last string change I realized it would have been a BIG mistake, so I took it of the market and sold something else.
No regrets.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars