The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-29-2023, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovekings View Post
Jonfields

I currently have two guitars with UST's, one ( Larrivee ) has the Sonicore/Sonitone combo and the other (Seagull) has a proprietary Godin UST and onboard preamp. I have found that the Zoom AC2 greatly improves the tone and sound characteristics of both guitars, plus I have the other features of that pedal like the tuner, anti feedback, eq and boost. I really notice the piezo quack is much reduced and the natural sound has come back a lot - mainly because of the models inherent in the AC2.

Would you expect that the IR system you are speaking of would be an improvement over my current system ?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have
I think a custom IR would easily beat the Zoom AC2 if you listened with headphones. In a fairly live room it might be a toss up. Also, it might not be enough better that bringing an extra pedal is worth the trouble.

In the mean time, you can send me some audio samples and I'll send back some custom IRs you can try out in Audacity (free) with the Voxengo Boogex Plugin (also free).
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification