The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsamuel View Post
You should have been in my office yesterday. I have a new MacBook Pro and when I saved a Word document, I got the spinning ball. Nothing else worked and I could not even Force Quit to get out of Word. In the end, all I could do was shut the computer down and reboot.

I use both Macs and Windows and prefer to use Macs. I have a Macbook Pro at the office and a new Mac Mini at home. That said, I have very few problems using Windows PCs and believe that a lot of Mac users overstate the problems with Windows and understate the problems with Macs.

Jim
Albeit for me to say anything, but I get the Spinning Beach Ball of Death at least a half dozen times a day in my lab. At home the same thing happens an you are forced to unplug the machine.

I own both, work with both, but my loyalties are with the PC since I can upgrade all I want and dollar-for-dollar they are cheaper. Both have strong points and weak.

Hamer Korina Artist
Hamer Daytona
Martin 000-28EC
Cordoba 1a Flamenco
Fender American Vintage Tele 52 RI

DIY Home
Old 09-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Presonus Firebox

I just want to thank all of you who responded to my post. I am currently considering the Presonus Firebox. I've read some great reviews and not many negative ones. Does anyone have any experience with it that they would share?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallockj View Post
I just want to thank all of you who responded to my post. I am currently considering the Presonus Firebox. I've read some great reviews and not many negative ones. Does anyone have any experience with it that they would share?
I have a firebox, and it has served me well for a couple years now. Nice quiet preamps, and pretty stable drivers. I think it comes with qbase le, but I use Adobe Audition for my recording, so I can't say much about the qbase.

You can go to the Presonus site, and download the manual for the firebox, and familiarise yourself with it before getting it.

Hope this helps...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell