The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-20-2018, 07:05 PM

Default overseas trip

i 've decided to go on a trip to England in september with 10 friends to spread our friends ashes [ small portion]. i would love to bring a guitar .never flew overseas. still in the planning stage.it is only a four day trip , but to tell the truth i hate not playing for any amount of time.plus play a little tribute for my best friend.any ideas here/ ...rent one in Bathe where we are staying?
Old 04-21-2018, 01:30 AM
Charter Member

Travelling with your own guitar is one option - many of us do that and there are other AGF threads that can help with packing for transport, CITES etc.

If you are specifically interested in rental in Bath I suggest you rename your thread so it will get noticed by the UK people that are best able to respond to that sort of quesiton.

Hope the trip goes well.
Col
Old 04-21-2018, 01:46 AM

Come on guys! Anyone in the Bath area able to loan a guitar? Surely there's someone. I live too far away, in Yorkshire, but I would help if I could. There's a shop called Gitarbitz in Bath. Maybe contact them and ask for a loan of a guitar.

Last edited by mickthemiller; 04-21-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:24 AM

I live by the adage: neither a lender nor a borrower be.

This is an odious suggestion: the consumer protection law in the UK allows one to buy something and return it within 30 days with no questions asked. If you have no compunction about it just buy one for the duration of your stay. It is a good opportunity to buy a Lowden or McIlroy guitar in the UK. You get most of the VAT refunded on your way out and they are about 25% lower in price in the UK once you remove the VAT component.

Have a great stay. And mind where you toss the ashes. The locals may not appreciate them in their water supply.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:13 AM

hi ; no ashes will be spread . just a ceremony. i don't want to borrow but would feel more comfortable renting. i'll look into Gitarbitz.i think i would feel guilty if i bought a guitar and returned it a few days later.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion