The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-13-2018, 12:32 PM

Burn? Looks like wood grain feature to me. If you are selective about appearance and need to go online, it might be worth looking for online sellers that provide pictures of the actual guitar. Sweetwater often does. There are probably others.

hunter
Old 04-13-2018, 12:44 PM

Chipk1
Send it back get a refund take a road trip buy a guitar

ENJOY
Old 04-13-2018, 12:54 PM

The blemish looks like natural variation to me. I understand your pain though. I'm sure they will make it right. Out of so many online sales and shipments you will have an occasional something.

I've sold 700 items on Reverb.com and have all positive feedback, but I have had to make a handful of things right. I try really hard to inspect everything before shipping and spare no effort in safe packaging. I don't think any seller likes to disappoint a customer. Plus it cost me extra time and lost profit. All the best. You'll be happy in the end.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:55 PM

Finally got my return authorization this afternoon. Going to return it and exchange it for another one. Hopefully the second time is a charm.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipk1 View Post
Finally got my return authorization this afternoon. Going to return it and exchange it for another one. Hopefully the second time is a charm.
Good for you. It's such a bummer to order something and be disappointed.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 PM

So Zzsounds are "sleeping" on it. ZZZZZZ.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:18 PM

Zzounds has always been good to me. But I've never had to return anything. 4 days for a return authorization on something that you spent that much money for and received broken is not very customer-friendly. Now I have to wait until Tuesday for a replacement. Ugh... never again.. next time I will take the day off and buy in person.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:01 PM

The blemish looks like a natural variation in the wood.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:16 AM

** Update **

Got my replacement today, and I am happy to say all is good now! Guitar is solid and absolutely blemish free. Also noticed that this replacement has a brighter sound than the first. Much happier with that. Just wish ZZounds would speed up their return / exchange process. Takes way to long to get return authorization. But all in all, barring the frustration, I am now a happy Taylor owner..
Old 04-17-2018, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
** Update **

Got my replacement today, and I am happy to say all is good now! Guitar is solid and absolutely blemish free. Also noticed that this replacement has a brighter sound than the first. Much happier with that. Just wish ZZounds would speed up their return / exchange process. Takes way to long to get return authorization. But all in all, barring the frustration, I am now a happy Taylor owner..
Given that, perhaps you could modify the title of the OP. I've learned that the true test is not whether things go wrong, but how the responsible parties handle that afterwards.....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 04-17-2018, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Stuff Happens ... The first 2016 Martin GPC-18E I ordered from Sweetwater arrived and upon opening the case I noticed scratches on the front and back. I called Sweetwater and they offered to knock $150 off the price. I didn't accept the offer and they sent me another Martin GPC-18E of my choice. The first GPC-18E had been taken out of new stock and used as a demo model at their Gear Fest and thus the scratches, but it had never been logged back into their stock as being a demo. It had been put back in stock without being checked and within their system was still listed as being new and that's how I ended up getting it with no 55-point check. The online Gallery photos of this guitar--likely taken sometime before the guitar's Gear Fest excursion--showed a flawless finish with the best spruce-top grain-pattern of the four guitars I looked at and that's why I ordered it. My second choice had almost as nice a top as the first one and I was generally pleased with it.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 04-21-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Given that, perhaps you could modify the title of the OP. I've learned that the true test is not whether things go wrong, but how the responsible parties handle that afterwards.....
Would modify the title but I see no way of editing it?
Old 04-20-2018, 12:07 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Would modify the title but I see no way of editing it?
When you select edit, watch for a tab “Go advanced” which will take you to a screen where you can edit the thread title.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

I don't see a reason to modify the title. You were disappointed and spoke out. Good for you! It ended up working out for you in the end, so that's what's important.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:49 AM

Eight days after unboxing the disappointing guitar a nice replacement is received. Frankly, I’d say that’s pretty good. I can see how the lack of communication was frustrating, but hiring more personnel to communicate in turn costs money which increases the cost of the products sold. No free lunches.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion