The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-09-2010, 04:36 PM

Default Anyone want a re-top project?

I got one I need done. Willing to let someone practice on it. I will pay for materials and reasonable fee.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:36 PM

Nevermind. Went to Monte Montgomery concert tonite and took guitar with me. And got it autographed by him. Guess I'll keep it as is now.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Trigger laughs at his Alvarez! Was he still playing it? Other than his Minuteman version of Sultans of Swing I love his stuff! What kind of a guitar was to be topped?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:33 AM

Yep, still playing the Alvarez. The guitar to be topped was a lawsuit Takamine G-330. Saw a internet post about a luthier In Ga. that re-tops cheap laminate acoustics w/solid tops, and says they turn out very well. I like the Tak, but was intrigued. Attempts to contact the guy have failed (old internet post I guess). So I contacted a local luthier. But the cost was WAY prohibitive.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair