The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-29-2024, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb View Post
Just curious, Jakestone did you venture into a speaker addition?

Groberts, I would love to hear an update on your experiences with the Everse 8 .
How is the sound quality vs your other gear?
Is it way better than the S1+ , Artist....?

I may give it a listen this week at the local GC, if I can get over my DSP/app
phobia.

Thanks.
Hi Meb, I gigged a few times over the past 4 days running my acoustic guitars and vocals straight into the Fishman Loudbox Artist. I use the DI out from the Fishman Artist and send that to the Everse 8.

Is this better than using the Bose S1 Pro Plus as an extension speaker? For me the short answer is yes. Why? The Everse 8 sounds more like and the Fishman LB Artist and also has an 8" woofer like the Fishman Artist acoustic amp. Does the Everse 8 have the same sweet pleasing tonality that I get from the Bose S1 Pro Plus? No, the Verse sounds more like a traditional PA speaker and the Bost sounds more omni directional with a wider less 'in-your-face' manner of projecting sound. (FYI - Substitute the original Bose S1 Pro and the results are the same. I own both. S1 Pro and S1 Pro Plus offer the same performance)

My issue with the Bose is that sometimes when the bar crowd gets louder and I can play with more attack, I was bottoming out the Bose S1 Pro when its volume was at 9 o'clock. Sometimes I play electric guitar and engage an overdrive pedal and the Bose didn't like that. The Everse 8 works better. I am not playing stupid loud or beyond the intended reasonable volume limits of these speakers (IMO).

Side bar: I have not done a direct A-B yet but I'm gonna guess the QSC K8.2 outperforms the Everse 8 sonically in terms of tone and output. But the QSC is not battery powered nor does it have a bluetooth app with a myriad of parameters you can adjust from your iPhone etc. I would also guess the EV ZLX might also exceed the performance of the Everse.

Here are a couple pics from my restaurant/bar gig last Saturday night. Everse 8 on the floor tilted back. Worked great for this room.

Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Martin OM-28 Custom Cutaway
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 05-01-2024, 04:31 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the update Groberts. That's a very nice setup.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification