The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-20-2020, 03:41 AM

Default Genz Benz Compak 300 - Pre or Post

Hi all,

If you've got or had a GB Compak 300, on the back panel are 3 XLR DI outputs.
The Manual says they are:

CH1 (PRE-EQ)
CH2 (PRE-EQ)
CH1&CH2 (POST-EQ).

I've bought a used GB CPK-300 but it hasn't arrived yet. In the photos I can see that etched on the back of the amp head is:

CH1 (PRE-EQ)
CH2 (PRE-EQ)
CH1&CH2 (PRE-EQ).

I did a google image search of CPK-300 amp heads most of amps have PRE, PRE, PRE etched by the DI's.

Is this a typo on the actual amp? Or are there actually TWO different CPK-300 amp heads - one version that has a CH1&2 POST-EQ like the manual says and another version that has CH1&2 PRE-EQ?

I won't know until mine arrives, but for now I'm curios, as I actually want to have a CH1&2 post effects etc. to give a 'finished' mix to house PA and the amp I've bought has PRE written on the back?

Check out these two photos and you can see that One of them has 1&2 PRE and the other has 1&2 POST.

So is this actually a typo on the Amp? Or are there two different versions of the amp head? Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by JazzyJ; 02-20-2020 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:33 AM

I'm pretty sure that the top photo is a misprint on that particular amp. I think no one noticed when they were making the promotion photos, and the company got sold soon after that these amps were released, and the whole line got discontinued, so it's never been corrected. Maybe there are also a few early amps out there with the typo, too.

Most (maybe all) of the amps in the Shenandoah line, however, use the same basic design for the DI out, and all of the ones I've ever encountered (and I own a ProLT) have a post-EQ combined output along with separate pre-EQ outputs for each channel. It would surprise me if there were any out there that actually have the wrong wiring as opposed to just misprinted labeling.

Louis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification