The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 02:57 PM

Default SOLD - Larrivee CS-19 6 string guitar (Made in 1991) - SOLD

THIS GUITAR HAS SOLD.

I am selling my 1991 Larrivee CS-19. Price now $1900 OBO (I will ship to CONUS with buyer paying actual shipping costs). If you want to see it in person, I am in Fort Worth, TX.

I AM ACCEPTING OFFERS ON THIS AMAZING GUITAR! If you have ever wanted to own a vintage (and rare) Larrivee, this is a great option.

This is an extremely rare top-of the-line Larrivee with some historical significance because there were only a limited number made and only manufactured for a few years in the 1990’s (when they were in much smaller production in Victoria B.C.). It was originally selling somewhere in the $4000 range.

This CS-19 has a gorgeous Sitka Spruce top and tight-grained Eastern Indian Rosewood back and sides. Bone nut and saddle with aged bone by Bob Colossi. There are beautiful abalone and mother of pearl inlays on the finger board and the “Flying Eagle” inlay by Wendy Larrivee on the headstock. The Fishman under saddle pickup sounds excellent and has a volume and tone adjustment right beneath the sound hole. Original Larrivee Ping silver tuners. Includes the original blue velvet lined hard shell case. The guitar is in amazing condition for a 30+ year old instrument and plays and sounds incredible.

For full disclosure, there are two issues: 1. There is a professionally repaired seam separation ( or finish crack) below the bridge. This is common on these older models, as Jean used extra thin spruce to get that wonderful tone he became so well known for. 2. There are two repaired impact cracks on the neck where it meets the head stock. The headstock did not snap off, it just took a hit inside the case. The cracks don't move. The one on the treble side is very small. The one on the bass side has glue that can be felt. On August 13, 2021, I had the guitar thoroughly inspected by one of Dallas/Fort Worth’s leading luthiers, Mitchell Cigainero (of Cigainero Guitar Repair) and he certified that, in spite of these two issues, the guitar is perfectly sound and stable. Mitchell certified that the crack repairs are sound and stable and the neck integrity is perfect. It has absolutely no effect on the guitar’s integrity our sound. I am the third owner of this guitar and I purchased it almost 12 years ago with these pre-existing repairs, and it has remained in sound condition all this time.

As I said, this guitar has had two previous owners. The original owner was very involved in the music industry in California and included this provenance to the second owner (who I purchased it from) “We have recorded three CD's with this guitar and used it to perform in many live venues in Southern California. This CS-19 has amazed everyone including guitarist Nancy Wilson of Heart in 2007 during a live performance in Palm Springs with singer/songwriter Mika Burkart playing backup guitar using this very Larrivee CS-19.

PERSONAL NOTE: I have a neurological disease called Transverse Myelitis. I was paralyzed for three years (2000-2003) and now I can walk with a cane. About two years ago, I fell in the parking lot and tore the rotator cuff in both shoulders. After having several shoulder surgeries, I find that I cannot really play like I used to, in fact it’s difficult to hold the guitar and if I do, I can only play for short periods. That has led me to the sad decision to sell some of my guitars.

Last edited by pastorchuck; 10-18-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-14-2021, 02:30 PM

What a beauty. I have a CS-09, which is the same except without all the lovely inlays (and it's a '96, so has a pearl ring instead of that great rosette).

Famously, Jean Larrivee made his first cutaway for Bruce Cockburn in the '70s. I forget if it was this very model or the more common (and bigger) Larrivee body.

A sweetheart. Mine will go to the grave with me.
Old 08-14-2021, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

In the first pic, it seems to be sporting a set of Gotoh 510s. Are these swappable with the Pings, without any redrilling?
Steve
Old 08-15-2021, 06:18 AM

As the happy owner of a 1996 C-10 deluxe, I can attest to the outrageous tone of these old Larrivee’s. IMO they are extremely undervalued.
All the best for a quick sale.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:57 PM

It had gold Gotoh's but now the tuners are the silver Ping tuners that came standard with Larrivees of that era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevien View Post
In the first pic, it seems to be sporting a set of Gotoh 510s. Are these swappable with the Pings, without any redrilling?
Steve
Old 08-17-2021, 04:33 PM

Bump it up. This is a wonderful guitar. Please buy it!
Old 09-01-2021, 07:45 PM

Bump it up!
Old 09-03-2021, 11:35 AM

ACCEPTING OFFERS ON THIS BEAUTIFUL INSTRUMENT!
Old 09-22-2021, 04:27 PM
Charter Member

Default I would like to purchase this if it is still available.

Sir,

I sent you a PM and number. Temecula CA.

2020 Martin GPC-15ME Streetmaster

2021 Eastman AC622CE

SOLD - 1995 Larrivee Jumbo (J-19) with lots of custom blingwork, Sitka over EIR

2024 Larrivee OM-3, Moon over Bhilwara

2018 Taylor 712e, 12 Fret Slot Head, Western Burst

2022 Furch Red DSR Stunning!!
Old 09-27-2021, 09:19 PM

Bump it up for price reduction
Old 10-03-2021, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

What a beauty!!
Spotify