The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-03-2020, 07:17 AM

Default 1953 Vincenzo De Bonis guitar

I was recently given this well made rosewood classical. I'm a luthier and steel-string player, and have little knowledge about nylon strings or experience playing them. This guitar is finely made, by a known maker, from a long established family of luthiers in southern Italy. Has anyone here familiar with this maker, or played/own one of his guitars? Unfortunately I can't post photos at this time.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Richard View Post
I was recently given this well made rosewood classical. I'm a luthier and steel-string player, and have little knowledge about nylon strings or experience playing them. This guitar is finely made, by a known maker, from a long established family of luthiers in southern Italy. Has anyone here familiar with this maker, or played/own one of his guitars? Unfortunately I can't post photos at this time.
I don't have experience with it but would love to see photo's when you get around to it.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Richard View Post
Hi Dave, it is very uncommon to find such instruments in the US; I have one and I like it for the old-style sound, very different from what the modern classical guitar has evolved into. I would be curious to see some pics and know more details; is the rosette in the very simple style of concentric lines?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical