The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 08-13-2018, 06:18 AM
Charter Member

Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.

Beyond The Basics
The Mississippi Blues

Ramp up your technique with this next step in fingerpicking blues guitar.

If you've learned how to fingerpick alternating bass and independent melodies, and want to not only learn new songs but also learn fun variations to add to them, while increasing your technique at the same time, then this course is for you.

My whole approach is to go beyond just teaching you the songs. With each song I'll show you how to be creative by providing you with exciting new licks that will give you ideas for endless variations. As a result you'll be a MUCH better player, and probably won't play the song the same way twice!

In the "The Mississippi Blues," you'll learn how to add variations to a song while maintaining the original artist's flavor, interesting bass line movements, creative uses of triplets, single note soloing while playing a bass note below, improvising in Open D tuning, the Bentonia style in Open G tuning, and a treasure chest of licks!

Here are the songs that you'll learn:

• Bye Bye Blues - Tommy Johnson
• M&O Blues - Willie Brown
• Poor Boy - Robert Wilkens
• Special Rider Blues - Skip James
• You Got To Walk That Lonesome Valley - Mississippi John Hurt

https://www.tobywalkerslessons.com/beyond-the-basics---mississippi-blues.html
Old 08-29-2018, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Default Now On Sale: 50% off.

Beyond The Basics
The Country Blues

Now On Sale: 50% off.

Ramp up your technique with this next step in fingerpicking blues guitar.

If you've learned how to fingerpick alternating bass and independent melodies, and want to not only learn new songs but also learn fun variations to add to them, while increasing your technique at the same time, then this course is for you.

My whole approach is to go beyond just teaching you the songs. With each song I'll show you how to be creative by providing you with exciting new licks that will give you ideas for endless variations. As a result you'll be a MUCH better player, and probably won't play the song the same way twice!

In The Country Blues, you'll learn chord variations, walking bass lines, 'sound effects,' reverse hammer ons, 'train licks' and much more.

Here the songs you'll learn:

• Canned Heat Blues - Tommy Johnson
• Avalon Blues - Mississippi John Hurt
• Easy Rider Blues - Blind Lemon Jefferson
• Kassie Jones - Furry Lewis
• Spoonful - Reverend Gary Davis

https://www.tobywalkerslessons.com/beyond-the-basics---country-blues.html
Old 09-11-2018, 07:17 AM
Charter Member

Default An offer of a free guitar lesson each month

Old 10-01-2018, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

Blind Blake - Under The Hood

An in-depth look at the style of Blind Blake!

You don’t have to be an incredible fingerpicker in order to benefit from these lessons. While Blind Blake was probably one of the most talented of all the guitarists of his time, I break down his playing into slow, step-by-step, bite-size chunks. Using computer technology, I was able to capture each nuance and lick that Blake played, and will not only show you how it’s done, but I’ll also teach you how to incorporate these techniques into your own playing!! That’s why I call this ‘Under The Hood.’

I can assure you that you won’t miss a thing!

There are five songs in this series, each one with its own treasures just waiting to be uncovered. You’ll learn:

• An in-depth analysis into the genius of Blake's style.
• Blake's famous ‘double-thumb’ technique.
• How Blake would get that ‘bounce’ into his playing.
•*Blake's use of triplets, to make even a slow song swing.
• His moving bass lines.
• Tons of Blake’s ‘hot licks.’
• How Blake would add variations within his songs.
• Some of Blake's hot solos!
• How YOU can incorporate these ideas into your own playing.

What You'll Get:
• Over 56 instructional streaming and downloable videos, breaking down each section into manageable lessons, along with pages of tab, plus the following five songs:

• West Coast Blues
• Cold Love Blues
• Early Morning Blues
• Righteous Blues
• One Time Blues

"Your teaching and lesson structure keeps getting better and better. I really like the 'Under The Hood' concept - what makes Blake sound like Blake'. As I started watching the intro and verse to 'Cold Love Blues', your slow playing speed and prominent bass line really gets my attention. In short, it was your articulate playing that did it. I hear the bass line clearly, I hear the melody and tinsel clearly. The intro videos to this lesson were spot on.

I also liked having the original tune for reference, as the concept speaks very loudly. It's great to hear that this music was not intended to be perfect, it was intended to dance. There's a lot of meat in these lessons for $29.95!"
Fellow AGF Member Rick L.

LEVEL: Intermediate to Advanced fingerpicking. Everyone at these levels will gain invaluable techniques and ideas!
https://www.tobywalkerslessons.com/blind-blake-under-the-hood.html
Old 02-23-2019, 12:38 PM

Default Raves for Toby Walker's Premier Membership Website

Wanted to post a rave review on Toby’s “Premier Membership” website.

Toby mentored my playing via Skype starting in 2010. As his schedule got busier and busier, I fell off his Skype Radar, he’d “kicked my playing up”, as he said he would, and I figured other students could better benefit from the one-on-one Skype treatment. Consequently I started learning through Toby’s tablature-based lesson plans, which come with video support (multiple-multiple short videos per lesson).

If you haven’t tried Toby’s lesson packs, you really ought to. It’s as good as having him come by the house via Skype, I’m not kidding (although it’s always fun to talk with Toby!)

The video support is truly phenomenal, ultra complete, and Toby is such a great teacher.

So anyway, obviously I am a huge Toby supporter, and whenever he’s come up with new lessons in my area of interest, I’ve ordered them out of general principals.

Consequently I was the first (I really was!) to sign up for his Premier Membership website.

Holy Guacamole, what a compendium of cool stuff! As far as I can tell, it contains every piece of training materiel Toby has ever developed, and scads of other treasures as well.

The first thing I attacked were the “mini concerts” he videos and posts, in these he plays some of his top-drawer materiel, then explains the song in detail, enough that even I can put it together. As a result, I’ve picked up two great sophisticated songs so far, just from this one special offering.

But the lessons available go on and on --I found one this week on playing lead guitar, and this is one I never would have purchased as a standalone, as I already know how to do lead pretty good, but I actually learned a heck of a lot from it, as in --oh yea, now I understand why what I do makes sense....

...Well anyway, I highly recommend this resource, there are lesson plans for beginners to advanced, and it is truly a bargain for the value --I signed up for the annual membership, and will renew it next year for sure. One thing about Toby, he is VERY PROLIFIC in developing cool lesson materials.

Thanks Toby! John W., Prescott AZ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace