The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-11-2022, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by min7b5 View Post
Just upgraded to the Seventh Heaven Pro version today in fact. I played around the ducking for a few minutes with some sparse solo guitar stuff and loved it. I've used ducking a few times before with sends, but this seems way better somehow.
I grabbed the trial, and initial results on solo guitar were encouraging. I've tried this before with my own compression with less luck. Getting it adjusted seems a bit tricky, and might involve automation for a full song, but I liked the way it uncluttered the sound, making it more direct without getting rid of the reverb effect.

One thing that's interesting - which may relate to why I had less luck doing it with chained compressors, is that it's only ducking the reverb tail portion and not the early reflections. At first that seemed odd to me, and some might want to have that be an option. But for solo guitar it seems to make sense to me - you don't want the early reflections, the "room" sound, to be shifting on you all the time.

Anyway, I'll play with it some more. The pro version seems a bit more competitive with the real M7, and this is a feature the M7 doesn't have.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:17 PM
Eric Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DupleMeter View Post
Oh, you need to try Cinematic Rooms...
Uh oh. I'm afraid to try it. I'm probably one more expensive plug-in purchase away from the wife making me sleep with the chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
One thing that's interesting - which may relate to why I had less luck doing it with chained compressors, is that it's only ducking the reverb tail portion and not the early reflections...
Same here
Old 05-11-2022, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post

One thing that's interesting - which may relate to why I had less luck doing it with chained compressors, is that it's only ducking the reverb tail portion and not the early reflections. At first that seemed odd to me, and some might want to have that be an option. But for solo guitar it seems to make sense to me - you don't want the early reflections, the "room" sound, to be shifting on you all the time.

Anyway, I'll play with it some more. The pro version seems a bit more competitive with the real M7, and this is a feature the M7 doesn't have.
Liquidsonic's Illusion reverb has ducking and you can apply it (i) just to the early reflections engine, (ii) just to the reverb and tail engine, (iii) just to the VLF (very low frequencies) engine or (iv) to all three engines.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD