The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

Sometimes things happen that remind you of your age. Last night while sitting at the bar three guys I talk to now and again started talking about their age and when they were born. I was hearing 1961 and 1962 as they shook hands etc. No one asked me? I'm about ten years older. Like the day they start calling you mister. It's a witness things have changed.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 11-17-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H165 View Post
Four (4!) pages of replies and nobody has posted this yet??? :

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46133262
I saw that.
Thought about it some.
I think I do look at least 20 years younger.
That old guy in the mirror disagrees.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:45 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
Sometimes things happen that remind you of your age. Last night while sitting at the bar three guys I talk to now and again started talking about their age and when they were born. I was hearing 1961 and 1962 as they shook hands etc. No one asked me? I'm about ten years older. Like the day they start calling you mister. It's a witness things have changed.
Mr. Jelly, at least that is respectful.

While we were at the Woodstock Invitational ordering a pizza at what I considered a pizza shop, but others might know as a bar, I told our daughter I would go back to the show to "work with Dad." She should text when the pizza is ready so I could run the table while they ate. The man behind the counter looked at her with a tilted head as he did not want a minor in his midst without adult supervision.

"Young lady. How old are you?"

She quickly replied with her actual age and he gave her that squinted snarl look to let us know he was uncomfortable with that as he felt that was so far from the truth and she needs to know he is a more wise cookie to young people trying to pull wool over his eyes. Reading his discomfort with her answer I asked what age she thought she was.

"16 maybe?"

After I promised him she is definitely the age she stated and is fully able to be in there without an adult he also guessed I was much younger than he anticipated. He wasn't close in that guess either. That's when he asked if we are Irish. I smiled and thanked him for the compliment.

"Ohio, USA."

It's moments like that to make me feel younger than actual years tell.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
I just did that and it says I'm 34. I wonder what it did with the extra 27 years I've been carrying around?

At 61 I'm finding my joints aren't as tolerant of my shenanigans as they once were and if I stand under a light my gray hair seems to glow but people have told me I don't look like I'm in my 60s so I'll take that and try to keep moving as much as I can.

Best,
PJ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic