The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-15-2002, 07:45 AM

Default amppits

What I found was that if you take it off the top and run it around the side, then the bottom will will go sky high. If you gazornplak the marfak, you will wind up with a real clean laroue.. Hope this helps.... Regards,
Old 12-15-2002, 09:26 AM

Offwigo (lol)
Old 12-15-2002, 11:54 AM

i can honestly tell you all this much...

my 314ce's prefix plus plugged straight into the eon power 15, with the mic selection, this thing blows away each and every acoustic amp i've ever see or heard..i love the bass response...

this afternoon my band has practice so i'll test it going into line-in with my ART MP preamp and EQ pedal....and also from the line-out of my marshall as50r........
Old 12-15-2002, 02:01 PM
Eric Skye

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy
min7b5:
Is it possible you woould have had the same epiphany if you had just run through a good PA with enough power?
Well, maybe. There seems to be some kind of special bond with these JBLs, my Taylor, the Rare Earth, and my concept on tone. I've played through hundreds of "house PAs" with varied results. I guess what's cool about this is that it is a PA, it just dosen't have a mixer, and it's mine, so I can haul it into anyplace and pretty much how it's going to sound. Just last night as I was setting up the guy that was there to get me into the house system asked me why I have my own PA, again I know what it sounds like. So I'm set up and happy in 15 minutes. It is kind of a pain to haul two fairly heavy speekers though, I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to take his rig on the road next month, I think I am.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:43 AM

ok..here's the one i bought:

http://www.jblpro.com/pub/mi/eonpwr15.pdf

i tried using the line setting (it's a button) and the signal was very weak, even preamped...with the switch pushed in it distorted with my preamp....it's like it has automatic protection on the amp or something

straight in from the guitar is best....really nice fat tone..

but i really wanted to run it out of my preamp, to the cabinet and out into the pa for the other's in my band to have in their monitors......not working so far..signal is too strong from the cabinet..

i wonder if there is a preamp that will allow me to run one line out to the PA and another to this cabinet at the same time? my preamps will not do this..
Old 12-19-2002, 04:41 PM

I posted this on the Fender Passport 250 thread, then on another. It sums up how I use the JBL EON G2's:

"I use a pair of the EON G2's as the main speaker for a portable system. They're perfect for my needs, but not really comparable to either the Passport or Peavy systems we've mentioned here.

They're self powered (300 genuine watts), and are loaded with a nice horn and 15" speaker. The built in mixer accepts an XLR mic and two 1/4 inch line level inputs for electronic keyboards, drum machines, pre-amplified guitars, etc. They can be used on stands or placed on a floor in upright or tilted position. Relatively compact, at 17"W x 27"H x 17.5"D, and just under 50 lbs. Great sound quality, and louder than I'll ever need indoors. However, the street price is usually over $600 each (lists at closer to $900.)

When I've had to use them away from an AC power source, I've rented a portable generator - it would probably take a strong battery and power inverter to run these babies. AAA's just aren't going to cut it.

Many times, in a small venue, I've used one G2, tilted back, with my guitar, Yamaha AG Stomp, and an SM58 on a boom stand. I like the sound better than either the Passport or the little Peavy system. Plus, the G2's readily fit into a larger system well, either as a monitor, fill or even a main speaker. Don't try this with the Passport.

If you need what the Passport or Peavy offers, I'd vote Peavy. But for what I needed, I bought JBL EON G2's."

cotten
Old 12-20-2002, 11:26 AM

I've said this before, but surprisingly I think my 514ce plugged into my Fender Twin sounds better than the strawberry or the Carvin that I have been using (when set up correctly). If it only had a line out….
CS Tele (Sherwoodforest)
PRS Ted
Guild Starfire III,
2X Dr.Z Ghias
Bunch O' pedals

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification