The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-18-2018, 02:10 AM

Default Blues Run The Game - Cover

Hi all,

As part of my ongoing home-recording experiments I recorded this the other day using a single Rode NT1a...

I used my Collings OM2hT and mixed the recording in Logic with some UA plugins (LA2a, Studer a800, EMT140 plate reverb)

Hope you enjoy it!
Old 08-18-2018, 09:02 AM
AGF Sponsor

The recording quality sounds great to me. You’ve got a really nice feel to your playing and singing - I enjoyed it a lot!
Old 08-18-2018, 09:38 AM

A very good version of a good song by the too-little-remembered Jackson C. Frank. Your recording reminds me that there's a lot to be said for single mic recording on this sort of thing. I've had to listen at low volume (sleepers in the house) but the recording sounds great.

Did you model your version, or get introduced to the song by any particular singer?

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell