The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-25-2021, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

This looks to be what a C10 cedar top? You can find those all the time used for about $800. You cannot reset the neck on a classical. Just walk. I sold a mint C10 CE for $799 last year. There are tons of them out there.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:23 PM

Thanks Guys, usually I'll first research such a thing, but yesterday i didn't think to do that. After checking out posts about that topic on Classical Guitar Del Camp forum, it seems it's something that does happen with classical guitars to a certain extent. Often the guitars will stay stable indefinately, but not always. So the sellers description as cosmetic only are highly debatable. It is intersting that with a steel string, that crack is really trouble, but with the different neck joint on a classical, not quite so much. Of course either way it needs fixed. Appreciate the assistance. Lapo
Old 01-25-2021, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindboyjimi View Post
You cannot reset the neck on a classical.
Sure you can.

If the guitar has the same arrangement - dovetail or bolt-on - as a steel string, you do exactly the same thing as for a steel string.

If the guitar has a traditional "Spanish" construction, the neck can be cut off and a joint made, the fingerboard can be planned or shimmed or the back can be "slipped". It is extensive work and the instrument has to warrant the expense.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion