The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-14-2020, 10:39 AM

Default Eastman E20M New Purchase

Hi BradC,

I obviously also took the issues up with the supplier here in UK and they agreed for me to return it for a replacement if I wished, I didn't - I took a full refund... here (below) is the official reply from Eastman. I kept my original Epiphone EF 500RCCE.

A friend who has an Eastman and a lovely guitar in finish and playability was the reason for my wanting to purchase one. His guitar (same model) was a stark contrast in terms of structural finish and dimensioning.. perfect in every way.. just what you would expect. Are you comfortable with what you see in the my photos..?

All the best

Alan

2019-09-09
fretted [email protected]e
Hello Alan,
"The measurements you have sent us do not do not arise any concern as nothing seems to be wrong structurally. The neck is pitched at this angle to bring more comfort to the player as a straight neck pitch would create more reach for the player.
As for the blemishes, I would recommend bringing it up with the Eastman dealer you purchased the guitar from as they will help make the situation right".

Thank you,
Eastman Guitars
Old 01-14-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmarle View Post

"The neck is pitched at this angle to bring more comfort to the player as a straight neck pitch would create more reach for the player.".

Thank you,
Eastman Guitars
The response from Eastman seems ridiculous. Proper neck angles are not based on "player reach".

Assuming your action at fret12 was ok (3/32-4/32") then your neck angle was about right based on Frets.com:

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Musi...neckangle.html

(but I agree with Fitness1, the bridge looks thin, resulting in an extreme break angle to the pins).

Last edited by lar; 01-14-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmarle View Post
Hi all,

I have just purchased a new Eastman 02 OM acoustic guitar and whilst checking it all over for any issues I laid a straight edge across the frets from the nut to the bridge. The result is showing a gap of 3mm between the bottom of the straight edge and the top of the bridge. My other acoustics have almost always laid flush with the top of the bridge or perhaps maybe a gap of 1mm at the most, does anyone know if this may be an issue with my new Eastman..?
I will post a photo if I can find out how to do it

Regards
Alan
Thats not an issue. Its fantastic actually. That guitar is built as to offer the maximum amount of room for adjustment now and in 10-15+ years you will still be able to drop the action all the way down without filing the saddle flush with the bridge.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:57 AM

OK... so if it is fantastic why are not all Eastmans same model and close relatives giving the same reading with a straight edge laid along the frets towards the bridge... they are not, we've check out three.
My purchase was agreed as an issue based on the photos and accepted back for a replacement or a full refund I chose the refund based on the Eastman policy reply. Show me photos all you Eastman guys - lets see the 6/10mm gaps between rule and bridge I'd be happy to change my opinion of Eastman manufacturing policy and how they respond to technical issues

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion