The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-13-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
* Good for you... I perform full-time 4 to 6 four hour shows a week using medium gauge strings and my attack can be be very rapid and strong a la Pete Townsend at times. Add to that the DJ-style scratch sounds I do scraping the strings and in a week or so, all three sides of my CLP Blue 1.2 was worn.....
I've worn BC TP 40's out too in about a 6 week period...
How can anyone read this and then NOT go look at your videos???
I hugely enjoyed your style, and how you make use of every part of the guitar for your tone and rhythm. Awesome.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:42 AM
AGF Sponsor

Yes, awesome player, a true pro.

For members here, I find people like NOLO to be such a great research of information. He gigs almost every night, so can share a lot of insights on what kind of gear he relies on, not just picks but strings, amps, pedals, cables, guitars, capos, etc.

Thanks, NOLO, for being of such great service to our members.

scott memmer
Old 11-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
NOLO, sorry I didn't catch this sooner. Been busy busy.

Your assessment of casein is spot-on-perfect. It's tone and feel is very similar to genuine tortoise shell, the closest legal alternative I've found in more than 40 years of searching. However, also similar to genuine TS, it WILL wear over time. In the kind of playing you're doing -- clubbing with lots of noise, I'd probably refrain myself. But for a concert setting, a true listening environment, esp if you just stick a 57 or 58 in front of it -- wow wow wow. I really concur with your opinion. This is so valuable to the other members here, as you have no vested interest and, as a professional working musician, are just sharing your real-world experiences. Great stuff!

Just to add, but brown material that we and BC use is one of the most durable plastics on the planet. I know many players who have played them heavily for years, with nary a sign of wear.

Thanks again, NOLO. You gettin' off the road for a couple weeks in December.

Happiest of Holidays. Don't each too much -- cuz I will.

scott memmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MChild62 View Post
How can anyone read this and then NOT go look at your videos???
I hugely enjoyed your style, and how you make use of every part of the guitar for your tone and rhythm. Awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Yes, awesome player, a true pro.

For members here, I find people like NOLO to be such a great research of information. He gigs almost every night, so can share a lot of insights on what kind of gear he relies on, not just picks but strings, amps, pedals, cables, guitars, capos, etc.

Thanks, NOLO, for being of such great service to our members.

scott memmer
Scott and MChild62,

Thank you for such kind and generous comments, ya'll made my day! I read your comments as I prepare for tonight's show and am so encouraged. We are all blessed to have one another here on the AGF to glean info as we benefit from one another's experiences as we enjoy the journey and art of guitar music.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:04 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Scott and MChild62,

Thank you for such kind and generous comments, ya'll made my day! I read your comments as I prepare for tonight's show and am so encouraged. We are all blessed to have one another here on the AGF to glean info as we benefit from one another's experiences as we enjoy the journey and art of guitar music.
You certainly have become an integral part of what we do here. Thanks for sharing your experience.

sm
Old 11-20-2019, 01:04 PM
Charter Member

I recently picked up a Hawk Pick ToneBird 1 Medium 1.2mm with the right handed bevel and I love it. It's a great Casein pick. I've tried a few but for me I need that bevel and I'm not sure I know enough on how to do it myself. It really brings out those bright clean single notes.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Casein picks

What I would say is they are the best I've tried other than TSs. I bought a couple of Casein pick in hopes that I could put my Tshells aside forever. I still use the T-shells exclusively.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:03 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerofone View Post
What I would say is they are the best I've tried other than TSs. I bought a couple of Casein pick in hopes that I could put my Tshells aside forever. I still use the T-shells exclusively.
Mike: Agreed. Nothing like the real thing. But I rarely take them out of the house anymore. Terrified I'll lose one.

scott memmer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion