The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-29-2019, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Praise for the Heritage seems nearly universal. Looked into getting credit for my ART at Strings & Beyond towards a Heritage but they are out of stock. Not in stock from Amazon retailers either. Looks like G7 has a winner with this one.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 12-29-2019, 09:15 AM

I much preferred the Performance 2 to the 3. The 3 didn't have enough tension to keep the strings on my Taylors from buzzing. Returned it within 24 hours. I currently use the Newport. LOVE the Newport.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:22 AM

I returned mine. At an open mic, I squeezed the thing hard at the second fret. Seemed in tune, so I skipped the tuner. It wasn't quite in tune - just like other capos. Then, when I started playing more forcefully, I heard buzzing. I hadn't squeezed it hard enough.
Cordoba SM-CE Mini Classical Acoustic
Ibanez Blazer 21 MIJ Stratocaster

2 Yamaha PSR-SX900 keyboards I play professionally
Roland FP-90 digital piano I play for pleasure with piano VSTs.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Praise for the Heritage seems nearly universal. Looked into getting credit for my ART at Strings & Beyond towards a Heritage but they are out of stock. Not in stock from Amazon retailers either. Looks like G7 has a winner with this one.
I got a heritage for Christmas this year and I'm blown away by it. It's a criminally good Capo.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
I had some issues early on with the Performance 3. Over a little time, I changed up my technique in setting it on the guitar. As always, a little behind the fret, but I found that applying pressure of the top with my left hand (fingers above, thumb below), AND using a quick hard squeeze with my right hand toward the end of the capo (high e string) also with fingers above, thumb below......in other words an easy quick two handed grab seemed to get the strings clamped down and no buzzing. You always see a demo with just the one hand, but I've discovered that a two handed strong squeeze can be key for this capo. YMMV of course!!
My mileage didn't vary a bit. I pulled the G7 out of the packaging where it was ready to mail to try this method ... the capo now works very well. With complaints about buzzing being rather common, I think G7 should make this tip available, I'm sure it would eliminate some of the returns.

Cheers!

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 12-29-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
My mileage didn't vary a bit. I pulled the G7 out of the packaging where it was ready to mail to try this method ... the capo now works very well. With complaints about buzzing being rather common, I think G7 should make this tip available, I'm sure it would eliminate some of the returns.

Cheers!
Oh, that's great to hear!! Love it!!! Thanks...........
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 12-29-2019, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I had some issues early on with the Performance 3. Over a little time, I changed up my technique in setting it on the guitar. As always, a little behind the fret, but I found that applying pressure of the top with my left hand (fingers above, thumb below), AND using a quick hard squeeze with my right hand toward the end of the capo (high e string) also with fingers above, thumb below......in other words an easy quick two handed grab seemed to get the strings clamped down and no buzzing. You always see a demo with just the one hand, but I've discovered that a two handed strong squeeze can be key for this capo. YMMV of course!!
Thanks Fred! I purchased a G7 Performance 3 at the same time I purchased my new Taylor K14ce Builder's Edition in October this year. I had not found a satisfactory means of getting consistent results from the G7 capo until I read your post. What you said makes perfect sense, especially since there is an indentation in the spot in the front of the capo where you can easily press it together as you describe.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 12-29-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Thanks Fred! I purchased a G7 Performance 3 at the same time I purchased my new Taylor K14ce Builder's Edition in October this year. I had not found a satisfactory means of getting consistent results from the G7 capo until I read your post. What you said makes perfect sense, especially since there is an indentation in the spot in the front of the capo where you can easily press it together as you describe.

Tony
Hi Tony! So Pleased this worked for you too!!
Happy New Year,
All the best,
fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 12-29-2019, 06:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hi Tony! So Pleased this worked for you too!!
Happy New Year,
All the best,
fred
Thanks Fred! Have a happy and musical New Year!

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion