The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-21-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfsteve View Post
I used Billy at B & D Guitar Repair when I lived in Phoenix:

http://www.banddguitarrepair.com/

They are up in North Phoenix, just off I-17.
Billy has a very good rep. but be prepared to wait....and wait....and wait !
Old 06-21-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsnunn View Post
Congratulations on your new D-18 they are fantastic guitars.

I live in Chandler and highly recommend Rainbow Guitar in Tucson. They are a Martin authorized service center and are true acoustic instrument professionals. I have had guitars set up there for over thirty years because they are the best in the state.

I just had a new 2006 000-18GE set up by them and picked it up on Friday. I am blown away with what they can do with a guitar. I dropped my D-18 off to have it perfected when I picked the 000 up.

The caveat: it takes about a month to get one back and you would have to drive to Tucson twice to have it done. To me, it's worth the drive and the time it takes it to make it through the queue - the results are consistently superb.
Agree.

For anything more than a simple setup or basic repair, the wait can be astounding long.

I dropped off a very special guitar requiring the top dog repair guy (Reed Munns) way back on December 21, 2017, and it just hit the workbench yesterday. It's still about two weeks from completion!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion