The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-09-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
Really liking what I have listened to of his music so far...is GS the CD you would advise getting for my first Collin Hay CD?

Thanks!

TripleB
Sorry for the delayed response. I think Going Somewhere is where I would start although he has made a lot of great music since his Men at Work days. He tours a lot as well, so if you get a chance, check him out live. He is a great performer AND entertainer. Great storyteller, very funny and self deprecating. If you really want to geek out there is a Colin Hay documentary called Waiting for My Real Life that I found interesting as well.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:43 PM

So many...As stated anything from earlier Dan Fogelberg, Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Croce, and of course CSN. Oddly enough one of my favorite CSN CDs is the CSN album (somewhere around 1977).

Dave Matthews / Tim Reynolds' Live at Luther Hall rekindled my acoustic playing after a decade-long layoff.

Martin Custom Authentic 000-28 1937

Martin 1944 00-18

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion