The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-17-2020, 01:12 PM

Default Thoughts on my switch from 100W Katana V1 to a 40W Nextone V2

For me, it was very much the right choice. The ability to super quickly change foundational tones is just wonderful. Such a treat.

I went into the editor to set-up the pre-amp EQ that suits the volumes and the room that I use. And then I changed over from tremolo to a 165ms "analogue" delay (it's either/or in this amp) with 4 repeats at 18% mix. And finally set the reverb to spring.

Voila! My Zexcoil equipped Ibanez Talman strat-copy can pull some sweet clean tones out of all the tube emulations with a quick flick of the dial. Four "amps" in one.

For those who are concerned about volume, the 40W Nextone is less loud than my 100W Katana. But plenty loud for what I/we do, both here in the studio and on stage.

Last edited by buzzardwhiskey; 10-17-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
For those who are concerned about volume, the 40W Nextone is less loud than my 100W Katana. But plenty loud for what I/we do, both here in the studio and on stage.
Only 4 dB different. Noticeable if you listen carefully.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 10-18-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
Only 4 dB different. Noticeable if you listen carefully.
Shows up mostly in terms of clean headroom at moderate volume IME - if you play jazz/country/surf/R&B/cleaner blues & rock styles you'll notice it immediately, not so much if you're into a lot of gain/OD...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars