The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-17-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
I should have said whatever PA system. I usually bring my own, but if the venue has one, I use theirs.
Gotcha.

In our circumstance we can bring either a pair of speakers and no guitar amp, or a single powered speaker and an amp. That is sufficient for all our current gigs, but I have no doubt we will get gigs this year or early next that need the power and dispersion of 2 speakers, hence my search for a "no amp" solution. It is a space issue and not a tone one. I'm actually quite happy with the tone of my Orange Micro Terror and cab.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 07-17-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
If the lack of computer interface was the only issue i had with it, it would not have gone back. If I needed to go to a new patch I had to 1) Click mode 2) click scroll (1 or several times), 3) Click patch A-D, 4) click mode.

For me this largely mitigates it's usefulness vs. a pedal with a simple up and down function, as I can put something close within a few slots as needed.

I literally played every preset on this thing. I also built a clean patch from scratch from the cleanest amp model I could find. It was not nearly as clean as what my cheap Zoom had to offer. Had I mastered the controls on the Go? Certainly not. I did have enough rudimentary knowledge to seek out and tweak the tone I was looking for. Admittedly, I am a bit of a "tone snob" but I did hear digital artifacts within most of the cleans I tried too.

I did not care for any of the tremolo options and it is one of my most used effects.

I would rather have fewer tonal options with easier access to distinctly different tones. As you said, you have the LT and the Stomp. While the models may be the same, I think accessing them is a different procedure.

I'm sure this pedal is a great fit for many, butI believe that a Tech 21 Fly Rig or something similar is more my style.

A Fly rig is incredibly limited in comparison. I have one and it is good. But one amp. That’s it.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
The models in the Helix and the Pod Go are the same. The Helix has slightly more than twice the processing power of the Go, but that doesn't change the sound at all.

The LT is a good bet if you don't need the I/O or scribble strips of the full Helix. I have a Floor and a Stomp.
That’s interesting. I thought a read differently somewhere. I don’t have direct experience with them.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 10-12-2020, 10:29 AM

I have a PodGo on the way and I'm worried it will be too difficult for me to wrap my head around. I just need something to tweek my acoustic and electric sounds and set up a few presets to use for live gigs. I can't imagine needing more than 5 or 6 presets for what need it for. I am hoping to find what I need within the presets and hope not to have to tweak too much to get there. I am typically a simple "knob" guy and I hope I'm not way over my head with this pedal. I got it for a good price so I figure if I can't deal with it, I'll just flip it for the same price. They are pretty hot right now and it shouldn't be hard to resell. I almost bought a Zoom G3N which would probably be more my speed, but was intrigued by the PodGo. I've also heard than the Zoom effects sound "cheap".

Will report back
Old 10-12-2020, 11:56 AM

Default Line 6 Pod Go a no-go for me

- and that's why I'm a guitar-cable-amp guy: plug in, turn up, and let my fingers do the talking...
Old 10-15-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
I have a PodGo on the way and I'm worried it will be too difficult for me to wrap my head around. I just need something to tweek my acoustic and electric sounds and set up a few presets to use for live gigs. I can't imagine needing more than 5 or 6 presets for what need it for. I am hoping to find what I need within the presets and hope not to have to tweak too much to get there. I am typically a simple "knob" guy and I hope I'm not way over my head with this pedal. I got it for a good price so I figure if I can't deal with it, I'll just flip it for the same price. They are pretty hot right now and it shouldn't be hard to resell. I almost bought a Zoom G3N which would probably be more my speed, but was intrigued by the PodGo. I've also heard than the Zoom effects sound "cheap".

Will report back
I've got a Zoom G1 Four I'm perfectly happy with,. I haven't gigged out yet so I'm only playing in my music room and I think it sounds great, but then I only play clean Fender Twin or Deluxe and clean with an edge using the Marshall 1965 or 800 in clean mode,
I run it through a mixer into a Headrush 108 FRFR speaker.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Tags
amp simulator, line 6, multi effect pedal, pod go