The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 09-30-2020, 05:00 PM
Charter Member

Default World of Bluegrass - to get your free access

The World of Bluegrass is another concert shifted to online formatting. For the past few years this event has been held in downtown Raleigh, NC. We miss having it but, the online format is pretty nice so far especially viewed on our 46" TV. The "Ramble" began a couple days ago. If you are interested in seeing/hearing the performances, I am pasting in a lengthy clip from our local (PineCone) music association sponsor.
Note: there is a wide variety of music being performed, not only bluegrass.
Note 2: I know there's a lot of admiration for Molly Tuttle and Sierra Hull. They are playing together on Oct 2, ~5:30 Central time.

Access is free - you register via Eventbrite and get a pass to see performances via Swapcard. I apologize that this note is a bit long but there's info you may want to see ahead of time. "hot" links do not transfer to AGF posts so I've pasted the main one further down. More apologies if this was posted earlier. I scanned posts the past 30 days and did not see one.

".....tomorrow night you can tune in to the 31st Annual International Bluegrass Music Awards at 8 pm Eastern - reserve your Virtual World of Bluegrass Music Pass for that show and FREE access to all performances during IBMA Bluegrass Live! powered by PNC.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ibma-vi...36733?aff=Etix

This pass grants you access not only to the festival performances and Awards show, but also to the remaining Bluegrass Ramble showcases, AND access to the virtual exhibit hall.

Tomorrow night, tune in to the IBMA Bluegrass Music Awards, which are co-hosted this year by Sierra Hull, Joe Newberry, Tim O’Brien and Rhonda Vincent. You will have the option to make a donation to IBMA when you reserve your pass. Keep reading for more details and the IBMA Bluegrass Live! powered by PNC schedule!

And Friday and Saturday, make plans to tune in to IBMA Bluegrass Live! powered by PNC. In addition to more than 17 hours of some of the best in bluegrass, there are workshops, college band showcases, Kids on Bluegrass, and Shout & Shine.

IBMA Bluegrass LIVE! powered by PNC performances will only be available live and will NOT be on-demand after the live performance.
Some content will be available via Facebook and YouTube, but due to music licensing laws and broadband limitations, only a very limited amount of content will be available across IBMA and media partners’ social media channels. The best way to see any and all content will be through SwapCard."

John

Martin D-41, Larrivee L-19; Gibson L-130; Taylor 614-ce-L30; R Taylor 2
H&D Custom OM; Bauman 000
Cervantes Crossover I; Kenny Hill 628S;
Rainsong Shorty SGA; CA GX Player, Cargo;
Alvarez AP70; Stella, 12-string; 2 Ukes; Gibson Mandola; Charango, couple electrics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN