The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-03-2021, 01:23 PM
Charter Member

Default Brune Model 20

Any opinions and recommendations regarding the Brune model 20 would be appreciated. Also, what would you consider a fair price in the United States?

Thanks
Old 08-03-2021, 02:30 PM

They're nice guitars, well made by the Asturias workshop for Brune. Cedar and laminated East Indian Rosewood. I bought one new, and at that time (1990?) it
was around $1200. They seem to hold their value very well.

Adding: I think there were a few made with Spruce tops as well.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Default 2200

I found one for 2200 but not sure if that’s a good deal. Any thoughts from those in the know?
Old 08-05-2021, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Dang, $2200 for a used, laminate instrument seems a bit steep, when you can find all-solid instruments for less than $1K.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:56 AM

Your previous posts reveal that you have owned a new Yamaha GC7 in 2007 and also later a Kenny Hill New World classical guitars. You also have been playing a steel string guitar for 25 years.
The Brune Model 20 is not considered better than those two, especially for $2,200 asking price. For that kind of money, you can buy an used single luthier guitar like one from Francisco Navarro. Richard Brune himself has stated that the Navarro Rodriguez model is a great guitar. Brune does not give out this kind of compliment usually. Brune model 20 is not in the steel string category like Martin, Taylor, Collings, etc.
Robert A.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Default Where

Thanks for all the input and advice. Can I ask where you would suggest I look to purchase a Navarro?

Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:39 PM

For luthier Franciso Navarro and his various classical and flamenco models, give a shout to Ramon Amira at RAMON AMIRA GUITARS internet website. Ramon used to be a classical guitar performing artist and is now a classical and flamenco guitar dealer. I believe he knows Navarro personally too. Reverb.com currently has several Francisco and his son Marion guitars, but none are the Rodriguez model.
Good luck.

Robert A.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Default Thanks

Thank you, I have emailed him to inquire about anything he has in stock. Of course I would prefer used to save a few bucks. Are any of the Kenny hill guitars comparable in terms of quality for a similar price?

Any other suggestions?

I live in the Chicago area and it appears that there are few options in person.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:05 AM

You might look at this one. The guitar just came up for sale. The seller has positive feedback from buyers and is well respected member of the other classic guitar forum. Ross Gutmeier I know from repair work on my classical guitar. He is considered a fine luthier and one of the best repairman on the East Coast. His guitars are owned and played by international concert artists too. Request an approval period if you do go for the guitar.
https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.c...24590#p1524590
Old 08-13-2021, 12:36 PM

The Brunes are in the Chicago area:

https://www.rebrune.com/

https://www.mebrune.com/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical