The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-03-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurth View Post
Oldguy64....K&K make a pickup that sits below the feet of a floating bridge. It has it's own jack. It's a transducer piezo, like the mini except with only two transducers. You get a different result from using piezos with something like bluecat's re-guitar, than mag's. I record as many different signals out to separate channels as possible into my daw, including obviously the mag pickups of the guitar, into either logic or mixcraft, and then mix in post. And I don't believe the AP66ESHB comes with a case , sadly, but I like the slotted headstock and the additional 24" scale over the yamaha's 23 1/2.

RoyBoy ...the cheap eastman E's are on my futures list. I wasn't aware they had a model for 600. Gretsch g2420....about 500 where I live, alittle cheaper at Sweetwater. Not sure I agree that a better guitar definitely makes a better player. Sure it helps some all depending on the player and the guitar. But one thing I learned as a photographer....spending thousands of dollars on a better camera never made someone a better photographer. It just made them poorer.

EZYPIKINS....yes very important. I'm an ex techy so I've done things like make new bone saddles and nuts and basic setups. But absolutely, if it's reasonable, I'd got for it, just to experiment and see if they did a better job than I could.

Kycatzrock...I've definitely taken notice....and more importantly while looking at eastman, I saw the affordable ACTG1 that I wasn't aware. Anybody have any experience with that 23 1/2" scale guitar?
thanks again/k
Have you looked at the Journey Instruments OF410.
It’s over $500. But it might be an acoustic consideration.
The PJ410 is smaller. And it’s under your price point.
Both have a pickup that is much like a K&K.

Alvarez 5013
Alvarez MD70CE
Alvarez PD85S
Alvarez AJ60SC
Alvarez ABT610e
Alvarez-Yairi GY1
Takamine P3DC
Takamine GJ72CE-12-NAT
Godin Multiac Steel.
Journey Instruments OF660
Gibson G45
Old 08-03-2021, 06:36 PM

Under $500 and short scale I'd go slope shoulder and be looking for used Eastman or Seagull (the older S6 with the short scale). Or, if you're really lucky, Gibson J-15. Or Alvarez MD60. Electric - no idea.

Let us know what you find.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion