The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-23-2021, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Default Demo video: Bose S1 Pro, EAE StompMix X6, RainSong Nashville OM Shorty

Our daughter, who lives in NYC, is home visiting and we were practicing for an upcoming outdoor gig so I had all the gear setup on the deck. She joined us for an old favorite of our's, Sarah Mclachlan's Angel. Our daughter has a gift for harmonies. No practice run here, just let the camera roll.

We haven't played this song in several years and still she nails it. It's also a great demo of our current gear which I know we love here on AGF: Bose S1 Pro, EAE StompMix X6, RainSong Nashville OM Shorty. Recorded on a mobile phone, listen with good speakers or headphones for best sound. Enjoy!

(Note: I'm behind the camera, playing wirelessly.)

Old 07-23-2021, 06:01 PM

Sounds great! That guitar sounds wonderful.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Lovely, thanks so much for sharing!
Old 07-23-2021, 11:57 PM

Do the mics go true the stompmix or straight in to s1?
Old 07-24-2021, 12:10 AM

Glad you got a Rainsong!
Old 07-24-2021, 07:04 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the nice comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by takamineGD93 View Post
Do the mics go true the stompmix or straight in to s1?
Everything goes through the StompMix (two mics, the guitar) and then into the Bose which only has two inputs. We will on occasion use just the Bose alone but then it's just one mic and the guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Glad you got a Rainsong!
So am I. Now that I'm used to the Anthem (vs. the Element in my last one) I'm really loving the great tone I get. I still wish it had that extra gain stage/power that the Element systems had, though.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Very nice!
Old 07-24-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Thanks for the nice comments!

Everything goes through the StompMix (two mics, the guitar) and then into the Bose which only has two inputs. We will on occasion use just the Bose alone but then it's just one mic and the guitar.

So am I. Now that I'm used to the Anthem (vs. the Element in my last one) I'm really loving the great tone I get. I still wish it had that extra gain stage/power that the Element systems had, though.
The SL has more output but then you lose the convenience of the onboard controls.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

Nice family performance Scott! very cool to share music with your loved ones.
The Rainsong sounds real good through your rig!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 07-25-2021, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
The SL has more output but then you lose the convenience of the onboard controls.
Interesting, I vaguely remember you saying this back when we first discussed the issue. I'll admit that I do love (and need) the onboard EQ controls allowing for the changes in tone for switching between strumming with a pick and playing fingerstyle without nails.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:00 PM

Very nicely done! Sounds great all the way around.
I like the big sigh at the end, too. :-)

Cheers, _RP
Old 07-26-2021, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

Sounds very good for a such a simple and compact rig.

The Stompmix has always intrigued me. Does it have any built in effects? The only thing missing from this mix is a little verb or delay on the vocals, to my ears at least.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder View Post
Sounds very good for a such a simple and compact rig.

The Stompmix has always intrigued me. Does it have any built in effects? The only thing missing from this mix is a little verb or delay on the vocals, to my ears at least.
Yes, the StompMix X6 has reverb, chorus and delay. We use it very sparingly. I have reverb on the vocals and reverb and delay on the guitar. I also have several 'scenes' as they are called by EAE (program saves) where I have a lot of reverb and/or delay for obvious effect on certain songs. On this song I have very little reverb which you can't hear much likely due to the recording being done outside and on a mobile phone.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:40 PM

You know you could do that with just one D6-8 or D6-58 amp. Though the difference between one and two pieces gear is so minimal, it probably isn’t worth it.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
You know you could do that with just one D6-8 or D6-58 amp. Though the difference between one and two pieces gear is so minimal, it probably isn’t worth it.
Of course. As I'm sure you've no doubt seen, I often say in posts about acoustic amps when I talk about my setup that if I was looking for a one-and-done system, the EAE D6-58 Pro (I like the wood!) would be perfect. But for us at that price point it's not worth it. While it would give us more power it comes at the expense of less versatility then a dual Bose S1 system. Also, have two Bose means I have a built-in backup in case something goes wrong. Same with the X6 in that if something went wrong there I could still plug straight into one or both Bose S1's and keep on playing.

But I still find myself hankering for one! If was going to spend that kind of money though I would take a serious look at the new Bose L1 Pro series. The Pro 16 or dare I even say the Pro 32 would I think be an awesome system for the type of shows we play. We are retiring next year and we play to start playing out a lot more for fun and profit so if we find we need more power and/or sound I'll be looking very hard at both of those systems, for sure!! But in the meantime, that D6-58 Pro calls to me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification