The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-30-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Iluv;

Even the best craftsperson might make an occasional error. I had one of the better carbon fiber guitars that had a soft spot in the weave, but the error was acknowledged up front and the instrument was offered at a killer price. But if the errors mount up without compensation or correction, and if people start taking note and publicly complaining then the problems can lead to a ruined reputation and a failed enterprise.

Exactly right.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:15 PM

Look at the pictures in this review https://www.pressreader.com/australi...81741271401850
It looks like the same air pockets.

I will probably send my x7 back on monday and order a custom instead. All in all Im happy about how Emerald handled this. I just hope the custom dont have the same problem because you cant send a custom back as easely as a stock guitar.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungestrand View Post
Look at the pictures in this review https://www.pressreader.com/australi...81741271401850
That looks more like the kind of reflective flecks I see in certain areas on all of mine - definitely no bubbles. Regardless…

Quote:
I will probably send my x7 back on monday and order a custom instead. All in all Im happy about how Emerald handled this. I just hope the custom dont have the same problem because you cant send a custom back as easely as a stock guitar.
… I’m very happy to hear that Emerald is taking care of you. I’d be willing to bet that your replacement instrument will be very carefully scrutinized before they let it out of their hands.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 07-31-2021, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I’m happy to hear that you are happy about how Emerald has handled this. If you don’t mind sharing with us: what was their response and how was it handled?
Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-01-2021, 12:26 AM

They told me the air pockets is a natural thing, just more noticeable on some guitars. I got the shipment for free. On the positive side, now I have a lot more experience when I pick or build the next one. For example did the neck not suit me perfect. Thinner at the centerline than my Martin dr jr but thicker near the edges if that makes sence. The neck feels fatter although the circumference is the same. Makes me unwillingly touch the high e string when I thumb mute the low e. I guess I need to start a new Emerald build questions thread now, so many choices
Old 08-01-2021, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
They told me the air pockets is a natural thing, just more noticeable on some guitars. I got the shipment for free. On the positive side, now I have a lot more experience when I pick or build the next one. For example did the neck not suit me perfect. Thinner at the centerline than my Martin dr jr but thicker near the edges if that makes sence. The neck feels fatter although the circumference is the same. Makes me unwillingly touch the high e string when I thumb mute the low e. I guess I need to start a new Emerald build questions thread now, so many choices

Thanks for the info.
I look forward to your build question thread!
Best,
Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber