The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-29-2019, 08:51 PM

Default Bass- just looking for kicks

i got this Ibanez GSR200, had it over a year now, i still cant say if its my keeper and also cant find one i like better- i guess the issue is back in the 60's i had a 65 jazz and a gibson EBO- i was at the music store today and played a Gretsch electomatic (whatever its called)-it was ok, but sorta noisy or something about it- nice bass though, plays decent, played a squier jazz- played like a fender jazz but the pick ups lacked, then tried a fender jazz- no complaints about the sound or quality- but it just doesnt match the action on my ibanez, i mean its not even close, and last week i found a peavey GRIND, this bass was in great shape and that wood finish was wow! neck action was fast and smooth, i couldnt plug it in because he didnt have an amp-the thing though that bothered me was neck went through the body- i really prefer a bolt on neck for the simple fact, any accidents or warp issues you can swap it out. i dont know if i should worry or not about a through the body neck?
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 01-31-2019, 03:53 PM

I got me one of them too. Its a nice bass. Mine is the SM in Spalted Maple Tobacco burst.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:23 PM

Check out Sire basses. Made in China (...or somewhere like that) and designed by one of the worlds best bass players (Marcus Miller). They feature 'sweepable' active Eq, so you can get any tone you want. They're available in Jazz type, Precision type, and what I would call 'contemporary' shape.

There are cats in this very forum who leave their $5,000 Shadowsky basses at home, and take a Sire to the gig.

Take the Pepsi challenge...

Fender RK Tele
Godin ACS SA, 5th Ave
Gretsch G7593, G9240
Martin JC-16ME Aura, J12-16GT, 000C Nylon
Ovation:
Adamas U681T, Elite 5868, Elite DS778TX, Elite Collectors '98
Custom Legend, Legend LX 12 string, Balladeer, Classical
Parker MIDIfly, P10E
Steinberger Synapse
Taylor 320, NS34
Yamaha SA503
Old 02-04-2019, 02:47 PM

I picked up the Squier Jaguar vintage modified bass from Sweetwater and really like it. around 200 or so I would guess now. Has the jazz bass and P bass pick up regular scale neck. No real money involved but does the job great. Made many recording with it for practice sessions as well as playing out with friends. check the out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars