The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM

Default Bose In Action In Texas

Here are a couple of links to two of my three gigs last weekend.

First is a university party in Denton that Rivers West played for - in a country club ILL-equipped for hosting a band. No stage, jammed into a small-footprint corner, but shows the versitility of the wonderful L1 systems. Something must have worked, because they already booked us for December 2009...

Then, EARLY Saturday morning, outside in front of City Hall in Downtown Dallas, our other band Rockupational Therapy played The Mayor's Race, part of the Dallas White Rock Marathon. Great, roomy stage, L1's KICKED! Guitars and drums used L1 Classics with two B1's each, bass also a L1 Classic but with four B1's with Packlite. This series appealed to me with the cool background of the big buildings, flags, pool and crowd. A fun thing my fellow Bose users will appreciate - after we played a half-song to soundcheck, the soundman (for the announcer) said to me "You guys really don't need to line out to us - don't waste your time"! No offense to Bose nay-sayers - peace and harmony to all!

Oh - pics are ALL un-edited, un-titled, un-sequenced, un-selected - JUST there....

Enjoy, Mike

Rivers West - University of North Texas:
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow

Rockupational Therapy - Dallas Mayor's Race:
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow

Last edited by MikeTX; 12-18-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM

please pardon the re-post everyone (is this called a "bump"), I just want to see how many views this gets, vs on the Bose discussion board...
Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 PM

Looks like you guys have a nice set up.
Pretty high tech, I noticed the drummer uses in-ear monitors.

I have an L1 system w/ bass sub woofer and love it.
I do solo acoustic though, no band.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:56 PM

Default Holy Toledo! (SORRY, couldn't resist...)

Hi T7 -

Thanks, we all actually TRY to be as basic as possible, but still it just TAKES a lot of "stuff" to be where we want to be.

Yes, Jim uses in-ear, for HIS vocal only, personal preference. He is a new Bose convert, but in a big way - he has two L1 Classics with four B1's and a Packlite - got an amaziing deal used, as he always does. You cannot IMAGINE his collection of music gear - he is a very good acoustic and electric guitarist, in addition to drums as his primary instrument. Cool guy.

Bose - the way to go for a band in our environments, and one system per player, as the inventors intended. WHen I play solo, though, I use a FIshman SoloAmp.

Thanks for the note...
Mike

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification