The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

You know what, I have been sooo close to buying your last 2 or 3 guitars (especially the B&H) but I face the exact same issue as you are facing with this one and what a lot of player/collectors face. What would I sell to make room? I have 11 hooks on the wall of my music room and 15 guitars that are literally the absolute best guitars I’ve played over the last 20 years. Like you or Rob, when I sell one, people would ask why this one? Is it your worst one or a dog? I would assure anyone that if something comes out of your collection, mine or Rob’s (and many others here) that it assuredly would be the best guitar 99.99% of AGF players have ever played.

I need to sell about 5 yet I’ve been thinking about a Brondel A-2 or A-1 for the last 6 years since I played several in one day at Luthier’s Collection which is unfortunately less than an hour from me. In addition, one of the guitars that made me yearn for a Brondel is back for sale as it was bought right after I played it 6 years ago and it was just traded back in. Yikes, why do I continue to look here, UMGF, Mandolin Cafe’ and all my bookmarked vintage shops? - because I love guitars and I’ve worked really hard and now that I’m retired, it’s my only hobby and even though it seems excessive it is nowhere near as expensive as a fancy sports car, sailboat, a ski/summer home, a golf club membership, etc.

The average Joe has no idea how rare and great Laurent Brondel’s guitars are and especially in the huge upgrades to Pernambuco in A-1 size, Alessi tuners, 55090 EVO frets, and the perfect 1 3/4” x 2 5/16”. But alas, I’m sitting here in my favorite room in the house having my morning espresso - like it’s my own little guitar shop, but have nothing I can part with and just no room.

This will sell and someone will be incredibly happy.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:10 PM

Well, it’s time to organize an intervention. I’m working with my wife, a psychiatrist, to have Juston institutionalized. All agree that, given the stunning guitars that he’s selling, he should be confined somewhere. The problem is finding an institution willing to accept him.

Anyway, I posted in his Brondel OM-42 listing that that guitar was among my favorites at the 2019 Harrisburg Guitar Show. This guitar was my absolute favorite.

A stunning instrument in every way.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindboyjimi View Post
You know what, I have been sooo close to buying your last 2 or 3 guitars (especially the B&H) but I face the exact same issue as you are facing with this one and what a lot of player/collectors face. What would I sell to make room? I have 11 hooks on the wall of my music room and 15 guitars that are literally the absolute best guitars I’ve played over the last 20 years. Like you or Rob, when I sell one, people would ask why this one? Is it your worst one or a dog? I would assure anyone that if something comes out of your collection, mine or Rob’s (and many others here) that it assuredly would be the best guitar 99.99% of AGF players have ever played.

I need to sell about 5 yet I’ve been thinking about a Brondel A-2 or A-1 for the last 6 years since I played several in one day at Luthier’s Collection which is unfortunately less than an hour from me. In addition, one of the guitars that made me yearn for a Brondel is back for sale as it was bought right after I played it 6 years ago and it was just traded back in. Yikes, why do I continue to look here, UMGF, Mandolin Cafe’ and all my bookmarked vintage shops? - because I love guitars and I’ve worked really hard and now that I’m retired, it’s my only hobby and even though it seems excessive it is nowhere near as expensive as a fancy sports car, sailboat, a ski/summer home, a golf club membership, etc.

The average Joe has no idea how rare and great Laurent Brondel’s guitars are and especially in the huge upgrades to Pernambuco in A-1 size, Alessi tuners, 55090 EVO frets, and the perfect 1 3/4” x 2 5/16”. But alas, I’m sitting here in my favorite room in the house having my morning espresso - like it’s my own little guitar shop, but have nothing I can part with and just no room.

This will sell and someone will be incredibly happy.
Couldn't have said it better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Well, it’s time to organize an intervention. I’m working with my wife, a psychiatrist, to have Juston institutionalized. All agree that, given the stunning guitars that he’s selling, he should be confined somewhere. The problem is finding an institution willing to accept him.

Anyway, I posted in his Brondel OM-42 listing that that guitar was among my favorites at the 2019 Harrisburg Guitar Show. This guitar was my absolute favorite.

A stunning instrument in every way.
Thanks, jt1.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Back to the top.
Old 03-07-2021, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

What is the width of the lower bout, and depth of box? I did not see dimensions of Laurent's guitars on his site. Is his A2 15inches at the lower bout? How do the guitars compare in size. They both look like slightly different OMs, but still OMs.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

15 5/8” depth at the lower bout. I don’t know the depth off the top of my head. It’s relatively narrow at the edges because of the lateral arch.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

Sold! Thanks everyone!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars