The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-12-2001, 08:18 PM

Smile Parker Guitars

Anyone out there have a Parker? A Fly Deluxe Single - 2 by any chance?

Opinions?

I've never even picked any Parker up.....not being able to have anything is suddenly making me want everything!
Indeed, there is something in the current DC/NY culture that equates a lack of unthinking boosterism with a lack of patriotism. As if not being drunk on the latest Dow gains is somehow un-American. - Arianna Huffington May 11, 2009
Old 03-12-2001, 10:29 PM

Yeah, we both have the Parker Fly Classic models.
Nice!
Light, easy to play. The neck is reminicent of Taylor luxury. Even though it is light, it still feels like a quality made instrument. The Niteflys are a little heavier and chunkier. I would save up for a step or two above the Nitefly. They didn't seem to have the same quality that I am used to.
Besides the Parker, I also have a stratocrapper and a PRS Archtop II. With these three, I feel no need to purchase any more.
If you can scrounge the bucks, the Parkers are worth a try. Try it first if possible. Not everybody likes how they feel. They're definitely not traditional!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification