The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Is that 50/50 unplegged/pluggedin and essentially no airline or bus traveling?

Have you tried a new X20? You can get what ever neck profile, nut width, scale length you want and have a fuller unplugged experience. I think the balance between comfort and sound is why the X20 has been their flagship model for years. An X20 may not feel as big as you think because of the bevels.

Maybe someone else here with 1st hand experience can describe the size and sound difference between an X7, X10 and X20.
Thanks jwellsy. I played an X20 last year and felt it was too big.

I want to not have to order a custom because then I can't send it back if it's not for me, hence looking at the stock X10.

Regarding 50/50 plugged, unplugged. I'm a songwriter so I will spend a lot of time with the guitar unplugged. If the sound is inspiring for me unplugged that's great. And if the sound is good when performing, that's another plus. So I would say more time playing unplugged. Possibly in the future air travel, but who knows. Bus, no.

Thanks.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber