The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-25-2021, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Seems to be the nature of the beast....mine said it was still at Heathrow when it was sitting outside my front door.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:21 PM

Smile

Great. Now I have one more thing to check!
Old 03-25-2021, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

One thing that really seems to have gone completely to pot during the pandemic is package tracking. It doesn’t really matter who the carrier is; I can only imagine that an international angle will only make it worse.

I can cite half-a-dozen screwups this year alone - like the package on my doorstep the same day an email arrives from the supplier apologizing for the delay in shipping

I’ll grant you that the level of anxiety with a $3000 guitar is way different to a $15 paperback book, but the anomalies seem to be equal opportunity. I will say that, in particular, Amazon has become quite embarrassingly erratic.

Not that this is any consolation to those of you who have Emeralds in transit, but bear in mind that the folks at Emerald may be having just as hard a time getting shipping status as you are.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 03-25-2021, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

When a guitar is "in process," it is an ethereal sort thing... you know it is coming together, but it might as well be a dream. When you get the "Pay the Rest" e-mail, and they tell it is going to ship, it becomes very real. Plus, it goes into the hands of some shipping company who thinks it is just another package, rather than the fabulous instrument you KNOW it is. The angst is very real. I think our friends at Emerald understand - they put their heart and soul into it, as well. They have to turn it over to a shipper... and trust.

Things were easy before all this tracking information - you knew when you ordered it, and it got to you when it got to you. Now: "OMG - why has it been sitting in Dallas for 3 days???" Doesn't matter whether it's a $3500 guitar or a $10 t-shirt... it is easy to obsessively track it... because you can.

None of this will make the wait any easier, just know we all understand. And, karma will get those who tease you while you wait.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:18 PM

You’re right on target there Captain. We’ll be posting pictures in no time!
Old 03-29-2021, 02:12 PM

Just wondering - anybody get their guitar for this shipment yet?
Old 03-29-2021, 03:12 PM
Guest 928

One boat gets stuck in the river and tacking goes all to heck.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
Just wondering - anybody get their guitar for this shipment yet?
Not me. I tried reaching out to UPS United Stated with an email today. Since the AN POST number appeared in my UPS account you’d think they would know SOMETHING. The UPS truck will probably show up 5 minutes after I leave to see my mom for Easter.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:27 AM

So strange, UPS replied saying it was a USPS tracking (yet it shows up in my UPS account app). Checking USPS using the AN POST tracking number - sure enough it shows up there. Sadly, that tracking’s latest location backs me up a country and is still from Ireland.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:33 AM

So we have SEANNX receiving his guitar in 6 days and JKLOTZ and I are at 18 days and counting. There’s a contrast for you.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrh View Post
So we have SEANNX receiving his guitar in 6 days and JKLOTZ and I are at 18 days and counting. There’s a contrast for you.
Did you guys choose the cheaper shipping option? The courier service supposedly provides more tracking and faster shipping but it is more expensive.
PRS SE P20E Parlor
Martin Backpacker
Old 03-30-2021, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneuphtoner View Post
Did you guys choose the cheaper shipping option? The courier service supposedly provides more tracking and faster shipping but it is more expensive.
I've received Emerald guitars through both USPS and UPS and my experience was that UPS was far quicker. Is UPS shipping now a financial upgrade???
Martin 000-15sm
Old 03-30-2021, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I've received Emerald guitars through both USPS and UPS and my experience was that UPS was far quicker. Is UPS shipping now a financial upgrade???
Website says it is $100 more to have it sent through a “courier” versus “standard post.”
PRS SE P20E Parlor
Martin Backpacker
Old 03-30-2021, 09:38 AM

FYI - I emailed Steven in shipping and asked about the tracking. I told him I was a little concerned at this point. I just got a response:

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. At point of sale you should have the option to choose faster delivery (7-10 days for $195) or slower delivery with minimum tracking (2 - 4 weeks $95).

From experience with An Post they only track up until Heathrow and then it goes to the courier in the US which is USPS. I'll have a look here and see what's going on.

You can copy the tracking into USPS tracking options. As with this service it can take up to 4 weeks.

Again I'm really sorry that the faster option wasn't given to you at point of service."
Old 03-30-2021, 09:52 AM

My guitar shipped approximately February 17, 2021 from Emerald and I received it in South Carolina via UPS on February 23, 2021. I don't think mine went through Heathrow. I saw tracking through Germany to Pennsylvania and on to me in South Carolina. Not sure why some of the shipments are going through Heathrow. I guess I got lucky.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber