The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 PM

Default The Palace - Original song

New original song posted.

Had enough of silly love songs?

http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/14442988
Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 AM

Good one mate! Prine, Kristofferson vibe...like the languid sounding guitar work too.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:37 AM

Good one Terry! IMHO if your stories tell songs then the listener won't get bored with similar themes. Of course that just IMHO as a ballad writer One thing that I would suggest is that the line "in that run down whiskey bar they call the palace" To my ear, as a focal point of the song, the line ends abruptly or too quickly. My ear wants that line to be extended by extending the a few words. In that run down whiskey barrrrrrrrrrrr they calllllllllllllllllllllllllll the palace. Something like that. Maybe you could try some other ideas. Cool song, enjoyed it.

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 09-07-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbaroque View Post
Good one mate! Prine, Kristofferson vibe...like the languid sounding guitar work too.
Glad you enjoyed this song. Thanks for comments! The languid sounding guitar work is not for everyone, but when it works, it works. I was glad to hear from you.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1964 View Post
Good one Terry! IMHO if your stories tell songs then the listener won't get bored with similar themes. Of course that just IMHO as a ballad writer One thing that I would suggest is that the line "in that run down whiskey bar they call the palace" To my ear, as a focal point of the song, the line ends abruptly or too quickly. My ear wants that line to be extended by extending the a few words. In that run down whiskey barrrrrrrrrrrr they calllllllllllllllllllllllllll the palace. Something like that. Maybe you could try some other ideas. Cool song, enjoyed it.
Hey Roy, thanks man, for the positive comments! I really take to heart your suggestion about too abrupt an ending on certain lines. I have to agree with you! I get a little tentative about my vocals at times. If I had a voice like yours I would stretch my wings and fly, so to speak!!!

It's always good to hear from you, we've developed a good writer's friendship.

T
Old 09-08-2012, 03:42 AM

Good story, Terry and I love the road-worn tone of your voice in this song. Nice pickin' too!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 09-08-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
Good story, Terry and I love the road-worn tone of your voice in this song. Nice pickin' too!
It's an honor for me to hear the positive remarks from you, Bob. From someone as accomplished as you it means a lot. Thanks again!

T
Old 09-09-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
It's an honor for me to hear the positive remarks from you, Bob. From someone as accomplished as you it means a lot. Thanks again!

T
You're too kind, Terry! I wish I felt the accomplishment, but like so many others here in Show & Tell I'm just a hobbyist having fun with music. I sure do appreciate the props though because it helps make this hobby even more gratifying than ever. I really enjoy hearing what other folks, both the pros and hobbyists on AGF, are doing with their music and I am both awed and inspired by most of them. Your unique stories and impassioned deliveries are among the posted songs I look forward to hearing.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 09-09-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
You're too kind, Terry! I wish I felt the accomplishment, but like so many others here in Show & Tell I'm just a hobbyist having fun with music. I sure do appreciate the props though because it helps make this hobby even more gratifying than ever. I really enjoy hearing what other folks, both the pros and hobbyists on AGF, are doing with their music and I am both awed and inspired by most of them. Your unique stories and impassioned deliveries are among the posted songs I look forward to hearing.
Hey Bob,

I agree 100% about hearing so many gifted players and singers on this forum. To me it not only seems awesome and inspiring, but once in a while intimidating!! Lots of really good stuff!!

Thanks for the support.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell