The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-05-2021, 05:17 PM
Charter Member

Default EAE D6-58?

have an aer 60/3, 2 qsc 10's and a efx 8 mixer. that stuff covers anything i want to do and have used all combinations.

i'm intrigued by The EAE D6-58 because i play gigs by myself and also in an acoustic duo,and sometimes a trio with a keyboard. all 3 of us sing.

is the EAE that much better than the aer for vocals? i'm wanting to simplify things and it seems the EAE would do that. i don't like to play guitar through only the mixer to qsc speaker. i'm spoiled on the sound of aer line out to qsc. i just cant get he same guitar tone without the amp.

the EAE would serve as amp and mixer for solo, duo and trio.(plus qsc if needed) could i use the EAE for small to medium gigs alone and even as a duo? if the vocals are that much better than the aer i believe it would be worth it.

i really like the idea of just hauling one piece ofequipment for amp and PA. am i thinking on the right track? what do you guys thhink

i've never used the aer alone as its just not full enough for my own ears.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg67 View Post
have an aer 60/3, 2 qsc 10's and a efx 8 mixer. that stuff covers anything i want to do and have used all combinations.

i'm intrigued by The EAE D6-58 because i play gigs by myself and also in an acoustic duo,and sometimes a trio with a keyboard. all 3 of us sing.

is the EAE that much better than the aer for vocals? i'm wanting to simplify things and it seems the EAE would do that. i don't like to play guitar through only the mixer to qsc speaker. i'm spoiled on the sound of aer line out to qsc. i just cant get he same guitar tone without the amp.

the EAE would serve as amp and mixer for solo, duo and trio.(plus qsc if needed) could i use the EAE for small to medium gigs alone and even as a duo? if the vocals are that much better than the aer i believe it would be worth it.

i really like the idea of just hauling one piece ofequipment for amp and PA. am i thinking on the right track? what do you guys thhink

i've never used the aer alone as its just not full enough for my own ears.
I have no direct experience with the AER other than hearing them on the streets of Ireland for busking and they did sound great. But I'm a big fan of the EAE D6-58. It's a great one-and-done amp if you need a fair amount of power, excellent guitar AND vocal tone plus more inputs and a lot of tone shaping, effects and EQ options onboard. Oh, plus battery power.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

well i'll find out for myself if the EAE D6-58 is what i'm looking for to simplify and improve my setup. purchased one today and it sould arrive in about a week. thanks for the response methos1979.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
well i'll find out for myself if the EAE D6-58 is what i'm looking for to simplify and improve my setup. purchased one today and it sould arrive in about a week. thanks for the response methos1979.
No problem, hope it works out for you. Take your time dialing it in. There's a lot of options in that powerful mixer. Even though I already was very familiar with it via my experience with the X6, it still took me a good week or two of tweaking to get my sound. But once I did, I've been thrilled.

There's another thread posted awhile back where someone bought one and was struggling to dial in a tone he liked. A few of us experienced with it offered him some tips. Make sure you check that out if need be.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:

I absolutely LOVE mine!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification