The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-22-2005, 07:44 AM

Question I am looking for lead sheet guitar software.

I am trying to find some software that will allow me to print out lead sheets for guitar with chord diagrams and will also allow me to transpose the key. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Old 04-22-2005, 08:13 AM

Check with CompUSA..I seem to remember seeing some software with those capabilities when I was looking for a new sound card. Also, Guitars Friend has a pretty good selection of software for writing and transcribing, I think.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWass
I am trying to find some software that will allow me to print out lead sheets for guitar with chord diagrams and will also allow me to transpose the key. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Hi TWass...
Finale Guitar
http://www.finalemusic.com/finaleguitar/

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 04-22-2005, 12:21 PM

You don't say how you want to use the lead sheets but if you want to publish them or create a book for students then LilyPond will give you the best looking results. Here is a short example from the online documentation...

LilyPond also supports a wide varitey of fret diagrams...

There is support for tablatures too although it doesn't sound like you need that.

LilyPond is also free. But LilyPond is a music engraving system, not a music program. It has a MIDI file import capability but won't hook up to your keyboard or MIDI guitar. LilyPond will handle everything from lead sheets to vocal ensemble music and symphonic scores. It is a little arcane but it widely used throught the world and online help and assistance forums are available.

Last edited by Dub Martin; 04-22-2005 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Added active links to the examples to show the LilyPond input needed to generate them.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell