The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 12-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Default Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe No longer made $3K

Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe No longer made due to supply of Figured Mahogany. This is a collector and great guitar. New Condition and all original with original case. I am discounting sale price to $3000.

Gold Waverly Tuners, Very rare Figured Mahogany. Dana Bourgeois is known around the world for his superb craftsmanship and also as one of the foremost authorities on the voicing, selection and utilization of fine tonewoods. As testimony to these great instruments, they have become a favorite of many professional country and bluegrass players, such as Ricky Skaggs, Bryan Sutton, Sean Watkins, and others.

If there is one thing Dana Bourgeois knows, it’s building a knockout dreadnought. The Bourgeois Country Boy is a dependable, tried and true mahogany workhorse. Mahogany has a quick velocity of sound, relatively lightness of weight, and noticeable midrange overtone attenuation. As a result, mahogany guitars are warm, dry, woody, direct, lively, and famously easy to record. This is especially true with this guitar. Each note has commanding presence, yet is balanced and well represented. Chords ring with powerful, driving volume and lead notes are clear, punchy, and distinct.

This Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe features classic appointments such as ebony fretboard and bridge, wooden rosette, Ziricote binding, and Gold Waverly tuners. This guitar also features the same diamond volute used on the back of their Vintage Dreadnought peghead. In addition to selecting only the finest quartersawn and matched figured mahogany backs and sides, this Country Boy is appointed with a beautiful Adirondack Red Spruce. Dana always builds guitars with only the best tonewoods, and this guitar is definitely worthy of the Bourgeois name... in both tone and appearance!

This 2008 Country Boy Deluxe is in absolute pristine condition and is hard to distinguish used from new. Original Hard-shell Case included. Martin, Collings, Taylor, prewar, Huss Dalton, Goodall, Thompson, Gibson

Kids take me away from playing guitar as much and this guitar deserves to be played. I'm based out of Seattle if you want to see it locally.

Similar Guitar but better player than me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVu_hwgz6hw

Photos https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...gza0k0TmxHZE93

Details on the Specs. https://bourgeoisguitars.net/guitars...ry-boy-deluxe/

Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
Back Wood: Figured Mahogany – Can not buy it today
Scale: 25 1/2"
Nut Width: 1 23/32"
Old 12-08-2019, 03:42 PM

I am open to offers
Old 12-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

Offer sent
Old 12-10-2019, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

I also sent a PM asking some questions, but did not receive a reply. Is a PM the best way to communicate with you?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 12-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Default Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe No longer made $3K

Good luck to potential buyers.
2015 Huss and Dalton TOM-R
2016 Martin D-18A 1939
2016 Bourgeois Vintage D
2019 Collings D1AT
2020 Eastman E10D-SB

Last edited by seattlescott; 02-19-2021 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:26 PM

I'll address questions. Condition is almost brand new since I did not practice that much.

I purchased it from Guitar Emporium in Louisville, Kentucky at the time I was in the Bay Area and had it set up by Gryphon Stringed Instruments out of Palo Alto. I remember Frank Ford saying this was some of the most figured Mahogany he had seen.

Set up is .012" at the 12th fret, medium height good for both finger picking and strumming. Neck is great and does not need a reset. Nut is low without buzzing.

I added a few more pictures. No trades please. Feel free to email directly

[email protected]
100% ebay Rating
Professionally packed
Old 08-15-2023, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

sweet guitar. Know I'm digging here but, did this thing ever sale?
Old 08-15-2023, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Sold twice after this post

I can say that it sold at least two more times after this sale was closed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars