The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 08-27-2019, 02:27 AM

Default Yamaha CPX 900 finish / polishing

Hi all. Have an older Yamaha CPX Mocha Black and while the finish is presentable there is some light scratching, wear around I would like to tidy up. I have some normal guitar polish but next to useless except polishing a new finish. Would need something, dare I say it that would cut slightly to get some of the light scratching out and restore the finish. Some general use thing would be better if available as I am in SE Asia and many products not easy to come by
Old 08-29-2019, 05:46 AM

Didn't get any replies but for those interested I ended up getting a product called D'Addario restorer. Absolutely brilliant for my purposes. Very light cut, enough to remove very light scratches. Were some dull patches on the guitar surface buffed up perfectly by hand. Very easy to apply and remove and really left a nice shine. Wouldn't take out deep scratches but if you persevered long enough I am sure would improve them. Delighted with results
Old 08-29-2019, 06:46 AM

Auto paint shops, and some parts stores carries McGuires products. They have a complete line from rough cut to swirl remover. I went to harbor freight and got a drill mounted foam polishing kit to use with it. Always start with the lightest and work your way up if need be.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair