The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Guest 928

K;

And you shovel it well.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:23 PM

I lived near Horseshoe Reservoir one summer on an archaeological project. Once a week we left base camp (and canned food) behind and drove into Cave Creek/Carefree for a great steak dinner. Sure looked forward to that. That was 30+ years ago. I'd imagine it's changed since then.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
K;

And you shovel it well.
And I am learning advanced techniques on this very CF section. Thanks
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-30-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipsa View Post
I lived near Horseshoe Reservoir .
Only has enough water to kayak in it as a like once in awhile... lots of birds are there... saw my first Night Herron there whilst kayaking . Also... how can you live near it?
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-30-2017, 04:22 PM

We set up camp along the Verde River. At that time the lake was nearly dry, exposing a large (100+ room) prehistoric pueblo known as Mercer Ruins which we mapped and studied. It was an amazing place, and living in tents in the desert was quite an experience. I'd love to get back there some day with my Hobie Revolution as long as the lake is deep enough
Old 08-30-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipsa View Post
Hobie Revolution
I did it in the 13... have had a couple sports, a few 13s and an 11. And still have 5 plain ole going down the Salt non Hobies as well.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Well, this thread started regarding the decision about which Emerald to take with us on this trip (that we are still on). Along the way, it has morphed - my "What I did on Summer Vacation" ramblings, where people used to live, where people still live, hurricane related stuff, cleaning out horse stables, sibling envy over not cleaning out horse stables, a couple other carbon fiber guitar references...

But, I must draw the line... banjos? Kramster, you played a banjo? Were your parents punishing you? Perhaps they were concerned you had too many friends? Their way of making sure you didn't get to date?

For full disclosure, I did once pick up a ban... NO I DIDN'T!

We have moved on from Nashville. Across Tennessee, a slice of Kentucky, a tiny bit of Illinois, and into Missouri. Got some service work done on the motorhome (no problem, just oil and filters, rotate tires, and an emissions recall), and are now in... Branson. We'll be here for a week or so while we decide what way will get us across Texas to our home. We'll probably take in a musical show or two. But, I have to promise the Blonde: "No banjo."

Old 08-30-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post

But, I must draw the line... banjos? Kramster, you played a banjo?
My dad bought me 2 used ones, one open back Kay and a closed back something...and helped me get a drum set... when for what ever reason, when a non musical parent is willing to buy you an instrument...any instrument ... do you stop and say let me think on it? I think not... and not thinking is what I did..I soon learned no girls I knew melted for banjo playing even with my Mel Bay banjo lesson book...
Now girls and a piano, especially a baby grand... well let's just say ... oh yes, yes indeed... and acoustic guitars as back up ... and even a little sax playing... these instruments would be considered the "anti-banjo".
I just bought a banjo last week believe it or not, but I regress.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I just bought a banjo last week believe it or not, but I regress.
Yes, that would be a major regression. Perhaps this will be helpful: No! Put it down!

I'm guessing this was one of your friends saying, "You know what the chicks would go for? Banjo playing. Really. You should try it again. It won't be like Junior High again."

That guy is not your friend.

Just saying.

OMG, now you have me talking about banjos. I'll be right back - I have to go bleach my brain.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Y I'll be right back - I have to go bleach my brain.
Ha good one... a bleached blonde brain... Uncle Evy may notice some alliteration going on here.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:50 PM

Oh where oh where is a CF Banjo when you really need one?? Sigh...

Crap.. here is one..and headless as a bonus... that's what I get for asking...

Old 08-30-2017, 06:25 PM
Guest 928

Mr. K;

Alliteration? It will take me while to absorb that.

Speaking of banjoes, I saw a banjo on line somewhere, with a banjo designed to play in all weather--could even be played under water. That's my kind of Banjo.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Guest 928

Holy Moly! Mr. K. At least tell us what it is that you are showing us, what banjo is that? Don't be cruel.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Oh where oh where is a CF Banjo when you really need one?? Sigh...

Crap.. here is one..and headless as a bonus... that's what I get for asking...

K... I know what you're up to! You're building up inventory to open a carbon fiber musical instruments museum in Phoenix... the first of its kind.

Have you considered creating an annex to THE Musical Instruments Museum, in Phoenix?

https://mim.org
Old 08-30-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Have you considered creating an annex to THE Musical Instruments Museum, in Phoenix?

Know a couple of the money guys that help support it... was thinking about it last year
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber